his face is pale and his veins are showing, blue, violet and green. his eyes are dull and lifeless and his white shirt is really dirty.

a zombie.

something sparked inside of you.

you screamed and you dropped your bag, hastily backing off the cabinet behind you, you closed your eyes. waiting for the pain of the bite that a zombie will normally do yet it never came.

you opened your eyes and the zombie only blinked at you.

"wha.." you gulped and tried to move, however the zombie stepped back and you closed your eyes. thinking that the zombie might bite you anytime.

"open." you slowly opened your eyes when you heard a voice. you thought someone was there with you beside the zombie in front of you but there was nothing.

"hold." your eyes widened when the zombie spoke up and slowly held out his right hand.

"y-you can speak?" you stuttered. you thought that you might be crazy but the zombie nodded.

"you can understand me?" you gasped when he nodded again. you scanned him once again, a total zombie.

"but..you..you're a..does that mean you're human?" you asked, suddenly the zombie reached for your hand and you flinched at the coldness of his hand. he placed your hand on his chest,

"nothing." he said.

then it clicked, there was no heartbeat.

- - -

"it rained." you sighed as you stared outside the window, it was raining cats and dogs outside.

you stood up after hearing your own stomach grumble, the zombie's gaze following your every move.

you began to notice this so you turned to him,

"uhh do you have a name?" you asked awkwardly, well it isn't normal talking to a dead human right?

the zombie nodded, his pudding hair bouncing lightly. you smiled slightly before introducing yourself,

"i'm [y/n]. what's your name?"

"pretty." your forehead scrunched, pretty? that was his name?

"your name is pretty?" he shook his head and pointed at you, "pretty."

"you think i'm pretty?" you said in amazement. he nodded, you can't help but to feel flustered at the compliment.

"thank you.." you replied bashfully, does zombies know how to flirt? because this one seems to know.

he held out his hands to you, as if he wants you to hold it. despite being confused, you held his hands. you shivered, his hands were icy cold.

"kenma." your gaze flickered on him as he suddenly spoke.

he brought your hand over his chest and spoke once again,

"kenma." he said, lightly smacking your hand on his chest.

"you're kenma?" you asked politely, he nodded cutely.

"nice to meet you." you smiled warmly at him, holding his cold hands in your warm ones.

your stomach grumbled once again and he looked down at it, you gulped as he looked up to you again.

"i didn't eat so.." you nervously chuckled and he got up, making his way to the black cupboard on the other side of the room.

he doesn't look like a zombie, he can walk perfectly straight and he can speak too. well, if you ignore the visible veins on his face and the dirty white shirt he had on, then you can think of him as a perfectly normal human.