Chapter 10: Hospital scenes unfold.

Part 1: Jab Koi Baath Bigad Jaaye (When something goes wrong.)

Chapter 10: Hospital Scenes unfold.

Akshara:

Ever since I was little, I always hated going to hospitals. Maybe it was the eerie silence, or the eerie seriousness of the white background or maybe it was just the idea of hospitals in general: They have always terrified me.

It was no different now. I was, however, glad that Akshay was holding me firmly by my hand as we walked towards the reception desk.

'Excuse me? I'm here to see Raghav Kapoor?' I said, my tone trembling at the thought of facing Raghav. 'Room 108. He's had a lot of visitors today.' the receptionist said, nodding towards my left. I thanked her and let Akshay guide my way.

I knew that I appeared all confident and cool on the outside. But it was killing me on the inside. Just the thought of seeing Raghav scared the shit out of me. 'Akshay... Let's just go back. He's alright anyway.' I said, stopping. Akshay shook his head and grabbed my hand and dragged me towards room 108.

As we turned around the corner for room 108, I noticed that the corridor was completely deserted, with only hospital staff walking around.

Perks of being a celeb I guess.

We came to a halt. The golden plate on the door read 108 in a curly font and I knocked on the door, my hands trembling. 'Come in.' It was a lady's voice.

I went in, Akshay insisting that he would stay outside. The hospital room hardly looked like a hospital room. It had a very nice paint job, a fantastic LCD TV in one corner and an Xbox gaming setup.

I must be mistaken. Maybe Raghav's not here.

But then, my eyes landed on Raghav, who was already looking at me. I quickly moved my eyes away from him and looked around for the source of the lady's voice.

It had been a nurse. She was keeping a plate of muffins in front of Raghav and she left, glaring at me.

I went and sat down on a stool near the bed.  'Are you okay?' I asked. He nodded stiffly. 'Look, I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean to hurt you this bad!' I said, and tears were looking in my eyes again.

Raghav kept silent.

'Raghav, I swear to god. I did not want to hurt you so bad. I just wanted to punish you for taking away the one single thing that brings me happiness. You don't know how scared I was. I honestly don't want to get rid of you or kick you out of my life. I... I wasn't thinking straight. Please... I'm sorry.' I said, and a few tears sneaked their way out.

Little traitors.

Raghav kept his face blank.

'Look, you helped me when I was in need of a friend. And I truly warmed up to you after that. What you did for me with the whole Akshay fiasco... It really meant a lot to me. How could I honestly want to hurt a person who helped me? Raghav... I know you won't talk to me again... So I'll just say sorry and be on my way. Sorry.' I said, and got up.

I walked to the door opening it, before Raghav spoke. 'Akshara. Stay.' his voice came out as a hoarse whisper. Tears of joy came to my eyes.

I rushed to stand by his side. I knelt down so that I was face to face with him.

'So you forgive me?' I asked, catching my breath. He nodded slightly and I gave him a huge grin. 'About pressing charges though... You do realise I have to sue you... Right?' Raghav asked, and a familiar feeling of panic came into me.

'How much?' I asked.

'Three crores.' he said, not meeting my eye. A gasp left my lips. '3 crores?! What for?!' I asked.

'Well for concussing my head, giving me a sore throat, a small fracture in my skull, a broken nose, a stitched up jawline and this hospital room.' he said, looking a bit ashamed.

I think my jaw drop was so big that my jaw now rested on the floor. 'I can't pay you that much... I can't!' I said, shaking my head.

The image of my dad entered my mind. Who worked his health off day and night to fund the family... Who never bothered to buy stuff for himself but saved it only to buy me stuff I wanted.... Oh god... I was such a bad person.

'You're not.' Raghav said. I snapped back to reality. Maybe I said that out loud. 'What?' I asked. Raghav gave me a long look. 'You're not a bad person Akshara. You just chose to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. But... I guess I'm to blame as well...' he paused, drawing in a deep breath.

'I shouldn't have hacked into your Netflix account in the first place. I'm partly to blame for this whole mess too.' he said, letting out a laugh. 'Hey, you're the reason why there is a mess in the first place!' I said. Raghav gave me a soft glare, the kind that shows your annoyance at the fact that something someone said is true and it annoys the hell out of you.

'Listen... I've decided not to sue you.' he said, shrugging slightly. I felt the day get brighter  as if clouds had moved apart and sunlight was finally streaming through.

'Thank you so much!!!' I squealed in delight. Raghav shook his head. 'I'm not letting you go off so easily. I have my own set of conditions.' he said, smirking evilly at me.

'What?'

'my conditions are decided by my manager and not me... And hence you are under obligation to follow them as you tried to cause potential harm to my life and my career.' he recited and I gaped IN surprise. 'I just told you it was an accident!' I said.

'My conditions are as follows:
1. Drive me to school and back everyday.
2. Let me hangout at your place everyday.
3. Do my errands and business meetings for me.
4. Spend time with me when I'm alone.' he said, smirking at me in a way that sent shivers down my spine.

'And what if I refuse?'

He smirked even more. 'I'll sue you. For three freaking crores.'

Damn.

Now he was showing his true colours. And here I thought he was a nice guy.

Ugh. Stupid me.

Hey how was it????

Did anyone watch the new Fantastic Beasts and where to find them: crimes of Grindelwald trailer?!?!

Jude Law as DUMBLEDORE is 💜💜💜 and Eddie Redmayne 😍😍😍

Ps. The new Avengers Infinity Wars trailer 2 dropped today, and let me tell you one thing that's going to happen for sure:

ME BAWLING MY EYES OUT IN THE MOVIE THEATER. YEP.

ALSO, 4 days till Shadowhunters season 3 starts on Free-form!!!

Yippee!!!

And 10 days till my exams end!!! Whoopee?!!

Anyway, you know the usual, vote comment and PM me!!!

Love ya my lovelies!