Fifteen.

Fifteen.

Admittedly, things didn't end well in the Denbrough garage. The clown - It, burst through the wall, straight out of the projection even after Mike knocked it down.

The screaming started again. The clown practically shook the entire room when it crawled out of the wall. The lights flickered. Haley's grip on Isabelle tightened and she pulled her away. The boys, Haley, Isabelle and Annabelle scrambled to the door as it cornered Beverly.

Isabelle wanted to jump in front of Beverly. She wanted to push that weird ass clown away from her even if she got hurt instead. But Isabelle didn't. Instead, she let the boys open the door, let the light flood in and let the thing just disappear.

"You're insane, Bill," Isabelle couldn't stop the words. "Go to Neibolt if you want, I'm out,"

"Issy, we know you're scared but-"

"Damn right I'm scared! You all should be too. That- that thing could have killed Beverly. It could have killed any of us! I'm done. Sorry," she'd only managed to murmur the last part before she left. Haley had called after her, but Isabelle ignored it. She had to be alone now.

And she was alone. Isabelle had been sitting on the swings by herself for probably half an hour before the swing beside her groaned under a sudden weight. It was Victor.

"Rough day?"

"Yes, Mr Bartender,"

"So formal," he teased. Victor swung sideways, bumping into her. "What's going on?"

"Kids in this town are fucking nuts,"

Victor snorted and kicked at the dirt beneath his feet. "Got that right,"

"Where are your friends?"

He shrugged. "I'm not their keeper,"

"Did you fight or something?"

"Nah, I'm kidding, Belch's mom had Henry over for dinner but I couldn't stay. Patrick went... somewhere," Isabelle had the sudden urge to look behind her. Victor laughed. "He has that effect,"

"Were you on your way home? You should get going, it'll get dark soon,"

"And leave a damsel in distress out here alone? Never," Isabelle quirked an eyebrow at him. "Okay, not a damsel, I get that. I'm a little rusty in my flirting,"

"So you are flirting,"

"I don't sit on swings for just anyone,"

Isabelle rolled her eyes as they drifted down to the ground. She kicked a rock towards Victor.

"Are you trying to hurt me? You can just say you're not interested, Isabelle, you don't have to be mean,"

"I never said I wasn't interested," Isabelle said quietly, and then moved on before Victor could comment on it, "I'm guessing you still haven't thought of a nickname,"

Vic grinned. Isabelle almost squealed at the way his eyes lit up and his braces showed. "Didn't wanna just use it out of nowhere, Belle,"

"Belle," Isabelle tested it out, "doesn't that mean something in French?"

"Beautiful. Why do you think I chose it?"

475 words.

this is so short and it's been so long i'm sorry please don't throw rotten fruit @ me

thank you for the lovely comments and votes! aaaaa i appreciate them so much they help my motivation to write my adorable lil soft babies