Chapter two-Flowerpaw

Start from the beginning

Flowerpaw glowered at her mentor and held up her tail, which was dripping with scarlet blood. "Look at my tail! And my face! He cheated! And he deserved that scratch!" She fixed Nightpaw with a furious glare.

"We should take you back to camp," Maplefur meowed, stepping up to inspect Flowerpaw's wounds. "I need to put some herbs on those scratches."

"What about me?" Nightpaw cried indignantly, shoving his scratched face in front of Maplefur. The medicine cat simply smiled at him.

"Well, you're the strong one, aren't you?" she meowed sarcastically. "You can deal with it, if it was Flowerpaw who gave you that."

Flowerpaw smiled at the medicine cat. She had always liked Maplefur. The medicine cat was always sweet and kind, and Flowerpaw never minded taking fresh-kill to her.

Cherrypaw and Pigeonpaw both bounded up to their sister to look at her bleeding wounds.

"Does it hurt?" Pigeonpaw asked.

"That was a really low thing for him to do, now I know why you don't like him," Cherrypaw growled softly. Flowerpaw nodded in agreement.

"I've gotta go back to camp now," Flowerpaw told her litter-mates, happy that they were so comforting. "Maplefur's leaving."

Her brother and sister both licked her cheek that wasn't wounded and told her they'd check on her when they got back after training. She flicked her tail with affection and followed Maplefur back to camp, trying not to focus on the stinging pain in her cheek and tail.

***

Flowerpaw sat in the medicine den, looking around in awe. It wasn't as big as she had imagined, but it was still incredibly organised. The scent of herbs stung her nose, making her wrinkle it. Maplefur was chewing up some herbs while wrapping cobwebs around the still bleeding wounds.

"So he bit you and scratched you?" Maplefur asked after she spat the herb poultice into her paws and started rubbing it into the wounds.

Flowerpaw nodded.

"Well I knew you two fought sometimes but this is ridiculous!" Maplefur exclaimed.

The poultice stung as it was rubbed into Flowerpaw's wounds, and she winced as Maplefur touched her cheek.

"I know it stings, but it's better than an infected scratch," Maplefur meowed calmly. "I've dealt with infections before, and believe me, they're nasty."

Flowerpaw tried to keep her paws planted in the ground to keep herself steady as Maplefur rubbed her cheek, but her legs were shaking with pain and anger. She hated Nightpaw more than she even thought she could. She started thinking about him more and more, nearly making her snap with frustration.

"I'm going to kill that fox-dung!" Flowerpaw growled.

"Flowerpaw!" Maplefur exclaimed. "There's no need for that language, especially towards a Clanmate."

"I don't give a flying feather if he's my Clanmate! He's a nuisance and I hate him!"

Maplefur stepped away from the rage-filled apprentice as soon as she had finished rubbing the herbs in.

"StarClan won't be very happy with you two for treating each other like this," Maplefur told her.

Flowerpaw just groaned and rolled her eyes.

StarClan this! StarClan that! Is StarClan all medicine cats care about?

"Luckily, it's the half-moon tonight, and like it or not, I'm going to talk to StarClan about you and Nightpaw. You need to make up," Maplefur meowed, turning away to face her herb stores.