Chapter 11: Life Skills Without Magic

Heidi's POV

The next morning I am walking down the hallways talking to people I know and saying hi to others, and right as I am about to enter the classroom I see poor Sarah Jane looking around totally confused, her hair is curled, she has crystal skull earrings in her ears, she is wearing a plain black dress with black ankle high heel shoes. "What class are you looking for?" Sarah Jane snaps her head up from the piece of paper in her hand to meet my eyes, a sudden flash of fear fills them as she starts stammering and stuttering, "First day...... And I can't seem to find anything...... I'm okay." This poor girl needs to tough up otherwise she is not going to last long. "I am not going to hurt you, I am just trying to help you." Sarah Jane takes a deep breath, "A lot of people here are kind of intimidating." I giggle a little remembering my first day here, "They might seem that way, but I guarantee they're not." I smile a sweet smile at her, "Again I ask, what class are you looking for?" Sarah Jane hands me her schedule, "You're from the Isle, right?" I just nod my head slowly, "Yep, born a raised if you can believe that." Sarah Jane doesn't say anything, "I am going to just call you Sarah, and you don't need to be scared, Auradon is like the most safest place ever, and almost everyone here is super nice." She just nods her head quickly, "I just have very bad social anxiety, I think that is why the only people I have ever talked to are my parents and my brother." I look down reading her class schedule, "You are in the same class as me right now, and that would life skills without magic with Ms. Merryweather." Sarah Jane gives me a look almost like I spoke a different language, "Just follow me and I will make sure that you get there on time." I can see her tense up, "Maybe I should just go back home, I mean what is another year, and maybe then I will be more willing to come back." I grip her arm, "You need to push all those negative thoughts out of your head, just try focusing on other people instead of just you." Sarah Jane takes a deep breath, "You are much more helpful then the guy I ran into," I hand her back her schedule, "Which guy are you talking about?" Sarah Jane's face turns red, "Well he was kind of tall, has nice blonde hair, stunning blue eyes." If it wasn't for the blonde hair I could have sworn she was talking about Harry, "From what I saw I would for sure say he is jerky, rude, mean, and for some reason thinks that he is most charming guy in the whole world." As soon as she finished her description knew exactly who she ran into, "Was he kind of arrogant and over the top egotistical?" Sarah Jane nods her head. "You had the misfortune to meet the one and only Chad Charming, and as you now know he is nothing like his father nor his mother." For some reason, it is that this very moment that I suddenly notice that Sarah Jane is completely alone, and doesn't have a huge shadow over her, "Where is your brother?" Sarah Jane lets out a sigh, "He is looking for his own schedule, he put in his jacket when we got here, but the jacket disappeared a couple of days ago." I felt sorry for Jackal, he had a nice looking jacket, "I hope he finds it, that jacket seemed nice." Sarah Jane just nods her head, "It was the strangest thing, he had it when he left to go for a walk, but when he got back the jacket was gone, I personally think someone took it." I was nice to see that Sarah Jane had relaxed around me, no longer looked tense and scared to death, "So tell me about where you live." I say as the two of us walk down the hallway, "It's nothing special, I come from a place called 'Halloween Town'." I have never heard of any place in world that goes by that name, "What is it like there?" Sarah Jane smiles at me, "It is a place like any other, but I have to say that we are famous for our Halloween song and dance party." Sarah Jane wasn't going into much detail about her home, "It is one of the seven holiday worlds, but everyone who isn't from out home think that it is just a myth and doesn't really exist." I kind of feel like this place might be something like the Isle of the lost, a group of certain people gathered in one place. Sarah Jane and I are now just about to enter the classroom when I see Pin running past the two of us, "What wrong Pin?" I ask stopping him in his tracks, "Big crowed...... People chanting for a fight." Pin struggles to say as he catches his breath, "Whose fighting?" I ask panicked, my thoughts automatically think that it is Harry, I mean it is something he is known for, "I don't have time to explain right now, I need to get Ben as fast as I can." And with that said Pin takes off running as fast as he can. I sigh and grab Sarah Jane's hand, "Where are we going? The classroom is back that way." I roll my eyes, and grumble under my breath, "We are going to see who is causing all this trouble already this morning." The two of us make it around the corner to see a large circle of people, "Excuse me! Out my way!" I say pushing people out of my way. Once I reach the front of the crowed I see Chad pinned up against the lockers with a terrifying look plastered on his face, and holding him by his neck is a soaking wet, shirtless, and very pissed off Jackal. "Looks like we found your brother."