T W E N T Y

K E E G A N

I walk in the clinic going to sign in. Dave wanted me to come here and see why my nose bleed. I really dont like medical attention. It irks me.

"Hi, I'm here to see Dr. Mendoza"I said.

"Yes, she's in the back waiting on you"the lady smiled. I smile back and walk to the back where the doctor was. I knock on the door and then walk in.

"Hi Ms. Mendoza"I smile. She smile then got up from her seat. She came up to me and hug me.

"How you been since the birth?"she ask.

"Not good"I sigh. "I been bleeding from my nose"

"Okay, take a seat for me"I sat down in the chair and waited on her. She put on her gloves then went to my nose. "So, you been givin more blood they say"

"Yeah, is that what it is?"I ask.

She look into my nose and made a noise. "I don't see no cut, nothing out of the ordinary"she said.

"Okay, so why is it bleeding?"I ask.

"This is what i think. Have anything bad ever happened during your birth?"

"No, friends came from out of state and we had some fun"

"What kind of fun?"

"Out to eat fun, shopping. You know girls stuff"I smile.

"Keegan, tell me the truth. Is something going on in the household?"Ms. Mendoza ask.

I sat there staring at the walk. "Well, my sister ain't answering my calls. I'm getting worried and there was a shooting in the building I live in with the chief and his kids"I cried. The blood came oozing down my face. 

"Your stress"she said. I sniffle then wipe it.

"I know that. It happens whenever I'm stress"I cried.

"This is leading to anxiety Keegan. Sometimes you have to calm down and take deep breaths"

"Okay"I smile then wipe the tears.

"Can you breath?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, I can breath perfectly"

"Ima proscribe you with these pills to take every morning after breakfast, noon after lunch, and night after dinner"she said.  "You have to eat to take these pills.

"Okay"I grab the paper and look at it. Pills. I hate pills. But if this helps me, ima do it.