" why did you pull me away, I was gonna beat that dudes ass. He ain't have no right to call you a bitch." Jahseh said as he was still furious.

" I know Jahseh, there were cameras in there. You beating him up is just a reason for them to send the police to find us. And both can't have that."

" alright, but I'm serous through. If I see that nigga on the street. It's over for him." He laughed.

Thank god he laughed, I though he was gonna be mad for the rest of the night.

" jah, since we couldn't get whataburger, let's go to McDonald's."

A bright smile flashed across Jahsehs face.

" now that's what I'm talking about."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at McDonald's and were finally able to eat.

" scarlet, after we eat, you wanna go to the park like we did when we first met up. I feel like it's a good way to end the night before we go home."

"I can't believe you actually remember that night." I said surprised.

It was so long ago, I even forgot I happened.

" of course I remember that night, I got to spend time with the most beautiful woman I've ever seen."

I blushed as he said that. I never knew he saw me like that.

We finished eating our food and finally left. Heading straight to the park. I was only up the street so it was a short drive.

We got out the cars and started walking.

" hey scarlet, tell me about your family?" Jahseh asked out the blue.

I felt my breath hitch as he asked at question. I was hoping to avoid it due to my horrible past.

" uhhh.... I kinda had a rocky childhood. I really don't like talking about it."

" if it'll make you comfortable, I'll tell you about my childhood. Mine wasn't good either." He admitted.

" I was always getting into trouble at school, barely knew my father. Mother trying to work and take care of her child. Soon enough she couldn't handle me anymore and gave me away to grandma. Don't get me wrong, I love my grandma. But I'd rather be with momma. I soon dropped out, in and out of jail, depressed. The only way to cope was my music, it was a way out of he harsh reality I lived in. Music was like a door and I was the only one who could open it."

It went quiet for a moment. I had to take a minute to take in what he said.

I became nervous but I soon overcame it and told my story. The story I've held in for 4 years.

" my mother had me when she was 17, so she was forced to drop out of high school her last year. I knew my father but he wasn't shit, I only saw him when the government forced him to due to child support. Surprisingly I don't have any siblings, even when my mothers became a protestute. Bring home man after man, not even caring that her own child was in the next room.
A lot of things happened on those nights. I'm not ready to talk about them."

"You don't have to, I'm not forcing you. You tell me what you want to tell me when your ready." Jahseh interrupted me.

I thanked him and continued.

" as I got older, things got even worse. My mom really started treating me like shit. Yelling me, blaming me when a man cancelled on her. It caused me to developed mad depression at just 15. She made me feel worthless. making me dropout of high school but it's not like I was able to afford to go to college anyway. One night me and my mom got into it, she beat me till her hands were covered in my own blood.

That same night, I ran way to my aunts house and lived with her for a couple. She was able to get me a job at the bank. So saved up money to get an apartment and soon a small little house.

Then I met you."

I turned to Jahseh who was heavily thinking.

" did those men, she brought home, touch you?" Jah asked.

I then went silent. I contemplate if I should tell him. I heard him take a deep breath and then he spoke.

"When I was 6 or 7 years old, a man tried to attack my mother. So I grabbed the kitchen knife out the drawer. And I stabbed the man, they sent me a youth program, then sending me to grandmother. It was a while before I was finally able to go back to live with mom. Just to be sent right back to my grandma."

It broke my heart, he has such a strained relationship with his mother. While I barely had a mother at all. He now has a better relationship with her while I haven't talked to my mother in 2 years. I decided to face it and tell him the whole story.

" one night, my mom brought a man home. He paid her the money, they had sex. The guy asked to use the bathroom, I guess he got "lost" on the way. I was wide awake, watching tv to drown out the noise of their foolishness. He opened door, he kept asked me questions. My age, school stuff. Then he sat on my bed and started rubbing my legs. I pulled them away and backed myself against the headboard. Trying my best to make a distance between me and him. He then pulled the covers off of me and pinned me down to the bed, I screamed. Called for my momma, hoping she would hear me. She did, but ignored my screams. My kicks and screamed her enough for me to kick him in the crotch and run away.
I had never felt so vulnerable before, sometimes when I sleep I replay the memory in my head. I...I.."

I felt myself getting choked by tears. I soon felt arms wrap around me and soft kiss placed on my cheek.

" it's ok, I'll will never let anyone touch you. Calm down scarlet, you don't have to tell me anymore. It's ok to vent and tell your story, this only brings us closer. We now know that, we're both broken kids. I love you alright." Jah reassured me.

" I love you too Jahseh."

Its been a while since I've been able to relive my awful child hood. I've never told anyone my story besides Kia.

For him to tell me his story in response to my story. Shows the love we have for each other.

We stood there in each other arms, looking up at the moon. It was probably 12 am by now, but neither of us care to check the time.

Right now, we just wanted to take this moment to care for each other.

Relating to our story's, hoping to make our own story, but more positive.