Chapter 2

Mabel's burial wasn't much different from Mary's except for the fact we had to fix Mabel's body and that we buried her with red roses; one of her favorite flowers. Mark and I said a few things and then we buried her. Luke stayed by my side the whole time trying to comfort me. Blake was near Samantha the whole time with an emotionless face as he comforted Samantha who was crying her eyes out for the friend she lost. Many of us knew Mabel well and were all grieving the loss of someone we cared so deeply about.

"April, can we go hunting together?" Luke asked.

"Not today. I want to find out who killed Mabel and then learn who Vivien is." I mumbled as I walked towards the tunnel entrance.

"Can I tag along?" Luke asked.

"Sure, if you want." I said as he grabbed my hand and held it.

I leaned my head against him as I began to cry once again. Luke stood there, hugging me, but also keeping me on my feet. He ran his hand down my hair, trying to comfort me as I held his shirt; pressing the soft fabric against my tear stained cheeks. Luke placed his chin on the top of my head as footsteps could be heard coming towards us.

"Oh...uh, is this a bad time?" Timothy's voice sounded from behind me.

I felt Luke shake his head no. I moved my head and pulled out of the hug as he looked down at me with confusion. I wiped my tears and kissed his cheek before twisting around in his arms and facing Timothy.

"It's fine. Who did you come to see?" I asked as Timothy looked at Luke and me.

"You, April. We found something that was written by that Vivien character that you wanted to know about. I'm still confused as to how Mark found it." Timothy said with an air of confusion.

"Alright...show me after Luke and I return from hunting. In the meantime, figure out who the hell grew a pair and killed my sister in such a grotesque manner. I want their name, their family's name, if they have a sibling, and where they are living. They will regret killing Mabel." I said as my anger dug its way into my mind.

"April, calm down. If you go hunting out there like this, you're bound to rip apart a stag again and then we'll have to repeat the first time I realized I loved you." Luke said with a chuckle as if he wouldn't mind repeating the past.

I frowned and twisted around in his arms to face him again. He began to laugh when he saw that he had annoyed me. Timothy stood there staring at us before turning around.

"I'll go make sure I track down who killed Mabel and report back to you. Just go hunt with your husband." Timothy said as he walked off.

I watched as Fawn ran up to him and immediately wrapped her arms around his before moving her left hand into his right hand. I smiled at how quickly they realized they were fond of each other. It seemed like only yesterday that Fawn told me she liked Timothy a lot only for Timothy to come to me shortly after to tell me how much he liked her. I managed to get Timothy to ask Fawn out and I was happy for them.

"April, come on. We should put our weapons away so that they won't get lost when we change. Though I'm still trying to figure out why you changed your mind about hunting." Luke said as he looked down at me.

"I just did." I muttered with a shrug of my shoulders.

We had found out that the weapons we all had only stay on us when we are in human form. They break off us when we are in our tiger forms and if we're hunting in our tiger forms, then we can't have any weapons on us. Some of us hunt using bows, but many of us hunt in our tiger forms.

Luke kept his arm wrapped around me as we walked to our house. We entered the house and placed our swords down before we left the house. Luke looked at me and smiled before taking off towards the entrance. My eyes widened and I turned to my tiger form. Within a few bounds I had caught up to him and glanced over to him while pulling my ear up in a mocking way before running on ahead of him.