Veritaserum

*tick* *tock*
*tick* *tock*

The clock was moving faster than ever as each student prepared to finish their test. We'd already finished half the school year, and, in a few short months, there'd be no more running in the halls, or sneaking out at night. No more gossiping in the Great Hall, or staying up with friends in the Common Room. There was a little over five months left before we'd graduate, and it would be our turn to travel the world. Make our own stories, and go on with our lives. Ever so thankful for everything that Hogwarts had given us the opportunity to experience.

Fred and George Weasley sat on either side of me, putting down a few more words as the bell rang loudly in our ears.

"Times up! Quills down!" Professor Lupin announced with a smile. "I want you to know that I'm very proud of the work that you've all done so far this year, and that I'll be sad to see you go. But, I can assure you, that Hogwarts will always be here to welcome you home." He gleamed, promisingly.

As we stood up to turn in our papers, Professor Lupin gave me a slight smirk.

"Miss Dawn, I'd like to speak with you once everyone's left," Lupin said, and I noticed all eyes in the room land on me. Brushing them off, I went back to my seat. With everyone completely out of the room, Lupin started over to my side.

"Any luck?" He questioned, curiously.

"No, Professor," I replied, disappointed.

"Then I shouldn't be keeping you. There's still some time left," he expressed, happily, as he checked the clock on the wall. "I'm sure he'll be in his classroom for another few minutes at least." But he realized the worried look on my face. "You've been waiting for this moment for seven years," Lupin exclaimed, excited.

"That's because I never thought it would actually come," I explained, truthfully

"That's because I never thought it would actually come," I explained, truthfully. "If Dumbledore ever knew-"

"He would understand!" Lupin assured, helping me towards the door. "I expect a full report tomorrow on what took place, and, please, don't be a stranger, my door is always open." He offered, giving me a comforting hug.
————————————————

Why was I in the Slytherin corridor? Why was I doing this to myself? Every part of me was screaming to turn back before it was too late, but an all too familiar face appeared in front of me.

"Miss Dawn?" Snape hissed, flatly. "I do believe you're in the wrong hallway."

"Actually, I came to see you," I stammered, growing more nervous by the second.

"You will receive your test results with everyone else tomorrow," he growled, stepping around me as he headed toward the Great Hall.

Stupidly, I followed, which surprised him, immensely. "Actually, Professor, I wanted to talk to you about something else." My voice was shaking, and I tried to keep calm as his black daggers met my soft brown eyes.