"Roy that fucking asshole." She yelled putting her head in her hands. Were we really that much trouble?

We allowed her a few minutes of silence as she paced around cursing Roy's name. Mainly because we didn't want to get in her line of fire as she ranted and raved down the street.

Soon enough she calmed down and walked back to us. She only said two more words.

"Follow me."

We all shared a surprised glance as we did what we were told. She led us around the city for about twenty minutes until she stopped in front of a storage unit property that was heavily gated.

"Wait here." She mumbled as she disappeared behind the building. Minutes later the large barred gate in front of us began to swing open. No way.

"Whoa." exclaimed Eddie as he took in the environment.

Everett was expressionless to our wide-mouthed reactions as she said, "I seriously considered not coming back out for you guys. Come in."

Slowly we walked inside and took in the long aisle created by the two tall buildings that were side by side.

"What is this place?" I wondered aloud.

"It's an abandoned storage unit. Well, now it is. It was very well populated by the dead when I found it." She explains nonchalantly.

She then proceeded to take us inside one of the buildings. White walls, black tile flooring, and even more hallways.

She explained that each aisle contained three storage rooms, and that we could each have a room on whatever hall we'd like. We all split up picking different halls. Typical.

"Roy really downplayed this place." said Kaitlyn.

"Yeah, this place could fit tons of people." exclaimed Eddie.

Everett stayed quiet. She looked angry.

"We'll talk about rules tomorrow, until then goodnight. Don't be stupid, and do not touch my stuff." She warned.

"Wait, where will you sleep?" My Dad wondered aloud.

He looked at her questioningly while she just responded back to him with a cold emotionless glare.

"I sleep upstairs." She said tiredly, she let out a small yawn.

"Oh, okay. Goodnight then." My Dad said to her. He then turned to me and said, "Goodnight Jack. See you tomorrow."

"Hopefully." I added with a joking smile. He chuckled dryly and messed with my hair.

"Ooh, I almost forgot. Jack, your gun." He reminded me making a give-it-to-me motion with his hands. I let out a defiant groan.

"Do I really have to?" I whined. My Dad nodded.

"You know what you did." He said. I then proceeded to give him my gun reluctantly.

"Thanks." He said as he walked away. I tried not to notice that he went into Kaitlyn's room instead of his own.

I sighed staying in the same spot for a moment. I didn't even realize she was still there, staring at me.

"What did you do?" She asked with curiosity, her expression becoming lively again.

She then began to strip down from the many layers she had on. First her scarf, then her boots, then her jacket, then her beanie.

The last thing she did was pull a clip out of her hair that seemed to hold up a long braid that went down her back. I could actually see her now. Like the actual her.