Want

Ava wasn't what you would specify as normal. If you asked her, she would say she's as normal as normal can get. But, to anyone else she was out of the ordinary. She had short hair which made it as spiky as it was. The pink and purple streaks in her hair fit quite nicely with her lip ring. She was the right height, not too tall and not too short and her light blue eyes would sparkle brightly in the moonlight. She wasn't the skinniest but she certainly wasn't fat. She would always walk around with her three inch heels that shone bright red. It didn't matter what occasion or weather it was, if she wasn't wearing her heels,  she wasn't herself. The clothes she wore were typically the same, almost everyday. A white tank top, black ripped jeans and a leather jacket. She wore a small amount of red lipstick to match her heels and some mascara. On the first glance, she looked like she wouldn't seem out of place in a 1950s movie about bikers.
No matter what anyone ever said to her, she loved the way she looked and wouldn't change it for anyone.
Her father died when she was a young girl, she didn't know how. Over the years her mother had told her many stories but the story of how her father died was the one her mother could never have the courage to tell. She knew better than to ask. She lived her life in wonder and amazement. She always longed to make a difference in this world. Wether it be something that changes the lives of everyone or something that helped her small town of Dorsdale.
As she looked in the mirror in her dark magenta room, she thought that she looked amazing. Even though this was normal to her, she always looked at herself thinking it was brand new and sparkling. Her life was perfect. 

And yet... something seemed to be missing. She always seemed slightly lost in her thoughts or hearing a noise in the back of her head. Always brushing this off, of course.

She never thought about it though, because she was the happiest girl in town. Always smiling at everyone and could get along with anyone.

She adjusted her hair to the right and headed downstairs to greet her mother.
She walked in, slightly disgusted to see her mother kissing her newest boyfriend and sweetly smiling up at him. She loved her mother dearly but at any given moment she saw her kissing her boyfriend, she felt sick.

"Morning Ava!" Her mother, Cheryl, exclaimed as she entered.
"Mornin' A" George replied, acknowledging that she exists. "A" was a nickname George had for Ava. She didn't like it.
"How are you today, love?" Asked her mother.
"Fine." She replied, hugging her in the process
"I'm going out to see Lana. Is that OK?"
"Sure. You girls have fun now!"
As she made her way to the door, she heard their usual argument about how Ava was never home and all she did was spend time with her friends. This was followed by them making up, giggling and kissing. Once again.
As Ava walked to the bus stop, she noticed it seemed a lot clearer than normal. It normally heavily rained everyday but today it seemed to be only lightly raining. To anyone who didn't live in Dorsdale, this may seem a very strange thing to call good weather but it rained everyday and it was nice to get only light rain for the first time since Ava was born.
She got on the bus and placed her head phones in her ears. As the music played, she imagined being able to lay on a beach without it raining every two seconds. She pictured the sun, the sea and the beautiful clear blue sky above her head. She knew this was just a wild hope because she had yet to see the sun. But, she vowed to her self that one day she would see the sun and finally, live life to its fullest.
She arrived at Lana's house and walked inside.