Chapter Fifty-nine: The Combat-Ware X7

The first scout had returned.

The policewoman could see them clearly on the monitor. The vid-screen was streaming live video from the surveillance camera on the outside of the hover-ship.

From there, she could see the scout, standing to attention by the door of the ship.

The policewoman strode forward to the control panel and clicked one of the glowing buttons. A second later, there was a whoosh of air and the sound of whirring mechanics as the door slid open.

"Status report?" the contingency captain asked.

Beams of light from the outdoors filtered into the hover-ship, illuminating the metallic floor.

"The Onyx League have seized control of the entire school. There are guards placed routinely around the perimeter. From what I saw, I would estimate that there are a total of at least one hundred Onyx Officers on the campus. I do not know if any reinforcements will be coming."

The contingency captain chewed his lip.

"Very well, then. Thank you."

The scout nodded; the contingency captain turned to the other officers.

"I didn't think it would be necessary, but it looks it would be prudent to engage the Combat-Ware. The school will likely sustain large property damage as a result of this, but we have to focus on the mission objective. Saving the civilians and defeating the Onyx League is our top priority."

A chorus of agreements filled the hover-ship.

"Now, as usual, Jimena will be piloting the CWX7."

The policewoman nodded with understanding.

A slow smile spread across her face.

The Combat-Ware X7!

Oh, what a brilliant machine!

It was truly an invention that could end a conflict before it truly began. Combat-Wares were large moving machines, controlled by the pilot that sat inside them. They were bipedal and had two arms, making them easy and intuitive for a human to control.

Combat-Wares were things of power and destructive beauty.

Tall, hulking metallic figures, which could swipe aside any human enemies like mere ants.

And at the forefront of the Combat-Ware industry... the X7!

It was the latest and greatest model, designed by a team of technological engineers at the forefront of the Psionic world.

Jimena had used it twice in the past and was stunned by its shocking power, sharp accuracy, and absolutely brutal efficiency.

After being instructed by her contingency captain, the policewoman walked outside. The X7 was stored in an external container attached to the west side of the hover-ship.

With a click of a button, it could be opened...

... and the power inside unleashed.

"I'm ready!" Jimena called, "please open the container!"

She heard a faint click as the button was pressed from inside the hover-ship. The policewoman inhaled sharply.

And then the container began to open.

Sylver here! I hope you enjoyed this new part of Psionic Academy. In this chapter, we go back to the SCPD - and their latest plans and movements in this inter-organizational game of chess. What do you think will happen next? Please make sure to leave your thoughts on it in the comments - and stay tuned for more upcoming chapters of Psionic Academy!

If you've enjoyed reading this story, don't forget to vote, comment and add it to your reading lists. If you have any tips on how I can improve my writing, or what I did well this time, please feel free to tell me. Thanks for reading!