Chapter 4 - shell

Start from the beginning

"It's a manual for training. Although I don't know what is inside, I'm curious about the use of this things," Fae explained.

"Right, you're now a researcher," Hany teased.

"A researcher?" Miss Red startled. She had heard about researcher and the harsh requirement of memorizing many things. To be able to be a researcher at a mere age of 14, who would have thought that Fae could do that?

Fae shake her head. "At most I could only be called a beginner researcher. If I want to advance, there are still many things to do."

"Still, congratulation."

"Thank you."

The two of them chatted with Miss Red for a while before going back to the academy. They rarely spend their time outside and with Hany condition, she would surely want to go back early. When they returned, Hany sprinted to the training hall while Fae went to her room and lock the door and close the curtain.

"This should be enough," Fae nodded to herself before chant a spell.

[secret room]

In a moment, every single things inside her room are being protected with a spell and no one would be able to know what is inside. Fae took out the shell then once again cast a spell and at the same time recalling a certain memory inside her head.

[fuse]

[instant extraction]

Looking at the shell that shine for a moment before fading, Fae smile. She disperse her first spell then unlock the door so Hany could barge in as usual. The shell had been rewritten and she could give them to the siblings so they could learn the technique inside.

If people were to know that Fae could use such a high technique of magic, they would certainly won't believe that she is an ordinary student. Many would also criticize her for not revealing it and receive the academy lesson to nurture her talent.

Fae didn't think much about it and sits down to study for some time before going the training hall to look for Harry and Hany. As she had expected, the two of them are now exhausted and lay down on the floor after a rigorous training.

"Fae!" Hany called, her voice still contain excitement. "I manage to last longer this time!"

"That's good," Fae smiled.

Harry look at her with peculiar gaze. He know her personality and unless there is something important, she would choose to hole up in her room and refused to go out. "Is there anything you need, Fae?"

"I came to give this to you," Fae hand out the shell.

"This?" Harry look confused. "We are still unable to use this shell because we hadn't completed the breath training yet."

"Just try it," urged Fae.

Harry sighed out in resignation and took it. He try to puss his consciousness  inside and to his surprise, the shell just pour out a lot of information of a technique to his head. Given that he had once be taught his family basic powerful technique, he could easily tell that the technique inside is a high tiered one. It's a very powerful technique and the requirement is very low which meant that he could start practicing it already. With that thought, Harry body tremble in excitement.

"Second Bro?" Hany ask worriedly.

Harry turned to Hany and pass the shell to her. "You too, try it."

Hany tried it and experience the same things with her brother. Her eyes also widened in shock and she look at Fae with agitated look.

"Is this the shell from this morning?"

Fae nodded. The shell is from the store, the information is from her so there's nothing wrong with her answer.

"What a terrifying technique," Hany mumbled and it's then she realize that the shell has cracked very badly. "Second Bro... the shell..."

"There's a magic imbued to it which allowed us to read it without reaching the completion of basic breathing technique. It's to be expected that the shell will not be able to hold out too long. I guess, it could only be used once more before it shatter," Harry said with a tinge of disappointment. He wanted to take it to his father, but it seems that it's not that easy.

Fae secretly rolled her eyes. That kind of lower-tiered shell would not be able to hold is to be expected and after all trying to find a good shell with their money is basically impossible. Furthermore, that kind of technique are a high-tiered and it is not supposed to be passed to others easily.

"Well, it's Fae's after all. Sorry about this," Hany scratches her head. Despite how often she would drag Fae, she would not intentionally destroy the latter things, especially something as precious as this.

"You could take it, I already have the information in my head. Beside, I don't have that much interest toward knight."

"...Right."

"Then thank you," Harry smile happily. That shell is very valuable to them and to have one more change to use it is already a huge surprise. "But still, we can't just take things from you like this."

"Um, I don't think I have anything to offer," Hany said depressed.

Fae laugh. "You don't have to. Just show some interesting match to me later."

"Sure," Harry grinned. He will surely take his revenge toward that heartless kid.

"Then, when you have something you want, we will try our best to fulfill it," Hany promised. She didn't have much treasure and most of them wouldn't be able to piqued Fae interest so she could only make promise and fulfill it at later date.

"Okay, I would take your words," Fae nodded. "You could go back to practice, I have not finished my study today."

"Okay, see you later, Fae!" Harry waved and then stand up. All of his fatigue had gone and now he's burning with passion to practice. Hany also stand up. It's time for another hell practice.

- End of chapter 4