To Infinity and Beyond (1/3)

PART ONE 

Dear Yoongi hyungie~

Today has been one week since you left the harbour. People are asking why I look sad lately at the hospital. I keep telling them not to worry that I'll be fine. It's only been a week!

It's a bit hard to work with energy knowing that I don't have a reason to go home early and see you again. I really miss your cuddles when I come home.

I have a calendar hanging against the wall I bought from my latest paycheck, I marked the date that you would come back on it and there are seven weeks left.

I hope that you're safe on the boat yourself and working hard there too as you always do. Please eat and rest well hyung, I hope to get a reply from you very soon and I will write you back soon.

Your Jungkookie~

Yoongi stood in the line impatiently as he always did. His mail had come in and he was eager to read the letter his boyfriend sent him. He nodded and greeted everyone around him politely as he slowly moved up the line and finally got his letter.

It felt like his cheeks would tear with how wide he was smiling. The first thing he did after gently ripping the envelope open was smell the paper of the letter. It smelt like vanilla and cinnamon, the smell he associated with Jungkook. He sighed gently as he opened it up and read it out loud. His lips turned downwards. His Jungkook missed him. He had about a day till they set sail again. He needed to reply soon.

He finished his chores on deck as soon as possible and raced down the stairs to his cabin. He was lucky he had been chosen as one of the main engineers. It allowed him to have his own cabin and didn't have to share it with anyone. On his desk were scattered papers which had all the different plans of the machines in the ship as well as several other documents he needed for operating those machines. Pushing those away to a side while also making sure he didn't mess it up, he created a space empty enough for a paper to fit on it comfortably.

Dearest Jungkookie,

I'm doing well, hope you're eating on time and resting well. I know it's hard to sleep alone after cuddling with your better half like we've been doing but just as I must brace the waves and the nausea it brings, so must you brave the stillness of the night.

Don't overwork, you know I'm going to say that. If you look tired, maybe you are tired? Don't force yourself to work even though I know you love your work. I don't think I can take worrying about you if you were sick while I'm on a voyage. I'll have to leave midway. So stay well.

Seeing the face of the same people for the whole day is really tiring, especially when half of them don't cooperate with you while working.

I've been striking days off as well. So I can tell you that there's exactly forty four days left till we meet again.

I miss you and you're almost always in my thoughts unless I'm working particularly hard haha

Looking forward to your next letter.

Yoongi hyung

P.S. the letter smells like you, I have a feeling I will hug it to sleep tonight./

After folding it neatly and putting it inside an envelope with the address, he decorated it with small doodles. After deeming it good enough, he climbed back on deck and walked off the ship to post the letter at the post office on the port.

It was tough, staying away from home for months on end. He was going to go on smaller voyages till he gained more experience. He was glad because he already felt homesick on the constantly oscillating ship.