My Soulmate is a Child at Heart (1/2)

Start from the beginning

It's always days that Jungkook feels down that there appear small sentences on his arm, written by his soulmate. He smiles everytime he reads them, writing them down in a small notebook. Maybe his soulmate misses the drawings on those days but Jungkook always feels a bit more inspired as he reads the positive lines.

Days followed by the down days were days with more carefully designed landscapes, sometimes just the inside of a room but it made Yoongi feel alive. He had taken to asking a friend of his, Taehyung to take pictures of his arm whenever such artwork showed up on them. He wanted to treasure each and everyone.

They all deserved a canvas, hell they all deserved a frame and a spot on the wall. And they did, in his apartment. He had printed each of those pictures of his arm and hung them up on the wall because he loved seeing them. It reminded him that there was something truly beautiful waiting for him in life.

Recently, after he started working officially as a writer in a publishing company, he hung up little copies of them in his office too, it helped him write better. And as the book progressed, he wrote little messages to his soulmate, to thank them for their existence. No matter who it was, it was a human who deserves happiness. Yoongi worked hard to become worthy of that amazing person.

Jungkook's store had some regular customers. Talented and happy amateur artists who bought stuff from him and just loved to talk to him.

So Jungkook looked up as he saw a new customer walking into his store. He smiled brightly as always though and hid the landscape he had on his arm with his sweatshirt. He regretted it as he saw his hand covered in the blue paint that still hadn't dried up completely, he smudged the artwork.

"Welcome to Jeon's Art, is there any way I could help you?" He asked, his voice as bright as always. He never felt that bright though, but it was a habit by now.

"I want to do a surprise birthday party for my best friend," the guy said with a smile. A smile so bright that it outshone the sun right there. "Can I make a reservation for March 9 on the name of Mr. Min?"

"Sure," Jungkook said as he logged into his PC standing on his desk and scrolled through his calendar. "What time?"

"Ten in the morning," The guy said as he smiled and looked around the store a bit and then his eyes fell on the palette in front of Jungkook.

"What were you painting?" The guy asked as he pointed at the paintbrush. Jungkook smiled as he shook his head a little.

"Nothing really," he said. "Can I have your e-mail and phone number?" He asked as he started to fill out the form he had made. A couple moments later the deal was settled and he had sent an email to the guy with all the necessary information such as time and exact location.

Min Yoongi was almost 24. His joints ached but he was in no way old. He hadn't even finished aging a quarter of a century but he was old enough to not have birthday parties. So when he was told by his best friend, a certain Jung Hoseok, to go out with him, he refused. It was a weekday, which meant he had work.

As much as going out with his outgoing friend sounded tempting, he also knew he had a deadline to stick to. His next work was due on the eighteenth of March which meant he had to hand it to the editor at least five days before that. He really had no time to waste, especially during office hours.

And his other best friend and Hoseok's boyfriend will prepare a feast for him at dinner regardless of anything. Seokjin doesn't listen. He's the eldest and his word is law. Hence, Yoongi would have to go to his place for dinner whether he liked it or not (he did).

But what those two planned under the covers (figuratively and literally) was a complete secret and perfectly hidden from Yoongi.

Jungkook received some small details from the guy with the heart shaped smile. There were only three people coming for the cursus and one of the three had his birthday at that date. Today he was drawing a bit hurriedly, still wanting to serve his soulmate a nice drawing on his arm, he hoped the drawings would cheer his soulmate up.