Edgar looks out of the transport at the Helltrix making its approach, "Mille it's coming back, what are we going to do? I don't want to be eaten!"

"Eddy if we get any closer, the Wall Guard will see us and trigger the defense lights, and you know we cant do that."

"I'd rather take my chances with the guard then be eaten by this thing, plus they already know something is up, the transport didn't make it back before sundown."

Camille pounded on the steering wheel, frustrated because it was her responsibility to get them back on time, and she failed. Dammit not like this, she won't let this aborted experiment kill her and Eddy.

Camille turns the transport back toward the gate in the outer wall, and the Helltrix is right on their tail.

A look of relief appears on Edgar's face, "Okay good, I'm glad you see it my way. Like I said, it's better we deal with the Guard then stay out here."

"If this works, we won't have to deal with either Eddy."

"Wait, what? What are you doing?"

"Get to the back and open the boxes of Phosphors. When the Helltrix makes its move, I'm going to open the back loading doors. You activate one per box and kick them out the back. They have a 3-second delay when you activate, so you've gotta time this perfectly Eddy, we got one chance at this."

"Oh man oh man oh man."

Edgar hustles to the back of the transport and searches for the phosphor boxes. He finds the containers and pops open the hinged lids. Another screech. The sounds make Edgar think his ears are bleeding. He grabs one each out of both boxes and with one arm holds the containers and the other the phosphor sticks.

"Okay Eddy, here she comes!" Camille yells back as she hits the hatch button.

Edgar sits staring at the cargo doors as they begin to open, revealing the angry creature. Its wingspan is huge and only getting greater as it closes the distance to the transport. Dust is trailing back toward it like a welcoming mat, and Edgar feels like he's the main course being served up on a platter. The creature sees him in the cargo bay and lets loose a scream that makes Edgar's insides feel like they will burst.

"NOW!"

Edgar activates the two sticks, shoves them back in their boxes and kicks the containers out of the hold. He sees them hit the dirt and begin to bounce as Camille closes the doors and slams on the brakes. Edgar is thrust forward, the momentum carrying his small body through the transport and into a wall separating the cabin and the cargo bay.

The heat in the containers is finally too much, and the phosphor sticks ignite, causing the boxes to burst. The resulting explosion lights up the night behind the transport. A white mini-sun blinds the Helltrix, causing it to lose track of its place in the world. Camille's sudden braking lets the bird overtake transport. It flys overhead and forward as Camille stares out of the windshield, watching it careen towards the gate, screeching its maddening song. The Wall Guards see whats happening and scramble to activate their defense spotlights, meaning to deter the creature should it get too close to the outer ring. But it was too late, blinded and afraid, its momentum carries it into the gate. Antwon saw what was happening and got out of the way just in time as the creature approached.

Chaos reigns when the Helltrix smashes the gate, tearing and thrashing against the reinforced structure. The spotlights lighting up the scene in artificial sunlight.

Meanwhile back in the transport, the two rebels recover from their brush with science gone awry.

"Ow," Edgar says as he lifts himself from the floor of the transport, making his way to the cabin.