[Dr. Oleksei appears very calm, determined, and answers all questions slowly and deliberately.]

Interviewer: Where were you exactly at the time of breach?

Dr. Oleksei: On break, getting a cup of coffee. It was pure luck I wasn’t caught in the containment area.

Interviewer: Describe your actions directly after the containment breach.

Dr. Oleksei: I sent Echo Romeo-Actual after SCP-096 and alerted Dr. Dan to the situation. We then set upon the task of locating SCP-096-1. Once the general direction of SCP-096 was determined, I sent Mobile Task Force Tau-1 ahead to evacuate civilian population centers in SCP-096’s path. All according to containment protocol.

<End log>

< Begin log>

Video interview log 096-1-B

[Dr. Daniel █████ sits patiently. On the table in front of him in is what looks to be a set of modified night vision goggles.]

Interviewer: For the record, where were you exactly during SCP-096’s containment breach?

Dr. Dan: In the [DATA EXPUNGED] Mountain Range, trying to find more information on SCP-096’s origins. It was a quick research expedition, so I left Dr. Oleksei in charge of containment. He is competent enough, if a bit… eager, and has proved himself in the past. This is all confirmed by the various related paperwork, so don’t go thinking-

Interviewer: It was just for the record, doctor. Now, knowing that SCP-096 is immune to all known forms of damage while in an enraged state, why would you order the sniper attacks from the emergency response team?

Dr. Dan: Why not? If there was a chance to slow down SCP-096 and give MTF-Tau-1 more time, then we had to try it. It put ER-A in no danger and the choppers were in danger of being outrun anyway. Honestly, ER-A could do little else to help or harm the situation.

Interviewer: I see. Now, could you explain this?

[Interviewer motions to the goggles lying on the table]

Dr. Dan: Yes. This is Project SCRAMBLE, an eyepiece we assigned to ER-A and MTF-Tau-1, designed by Dr. Oleksei and myself specifically for SCP-096. It carries a small microprocessor which constantly analyzes the viewing field for the facial features of SCP-096. Facial recognition software inside instantly identifies them, scrambling the image into an unrecognizable mess before the light reaches the human eye. It’s quite ingenious, really.

Interviewer: And expensive.

Dr. Dan: Very. Which is why it’s such a shame it didn’t work.

< End log>

< Begin log>

Audio transcript between MTF Tau-1 and modified EG-3 Sentry AWACS, callsign “Big Brother”

MTF-T-1: Ospreys in the air, moving [DATA EXPUNGED] at [DATA EXPUNGED]. Awaiting vector.

Big Brother: Electronics online, cruising altitude reached. Uploading program SCRAMBLE to all camera systems… cameras online. Big Brother is now watching.

MTF-T-1: What outbound vector is the target currently heading?

Big Brother: Target is currently westbound… traveling on… shit. Yeah, he’s on the I-40. I think he just flipped a semi. Um, outbound vector is… [DATA EXPUNGED] degrees by [DATA EXPUNGED]. Next town on this vector is… [DATA EXPUNGED]. I’d say a couple hundred kilometers. Shit… MTF, we’re suggesting Echo Romeo begin evacuating the I-40. I don’t know how many cars the target has wrecked.