Chapter six

Before the day has even started I was fully dressed and ready to go. My plan for today is to find a cheap flat, I can't stand staying in this sad excuse of a place anymore. I am so sick of hearing people fucking in the room next door to mine, new man every night, I knew this place was rattled with prostitutes.

It was raining today, the light rain drizzling down my hair, droplets slipping onto my face. My jacket gave up on trying to keep me me dry, the only thing keeping me warm was my own movement as I strolled down the cobbled street.

I viewed two flats. One was above a clothing store, with sequined expensive dresses hanging up in the window. Only problem with this flat was I'd have to live with one other person. He was the one who showed me around, he was lovely, however I noticed him check out my behind as I walked up the stairs. It made me think he just wanted a roommate to fuck. Overall though, the flat was huge, spacious and we would both have enough room for ourselves.

However the second flat I fell in love with. It was above an old warehouse, It was small, the rooms were tiny and the paint was chipped on the walls. However, I took a liking to the windows, they let so much light in, on a sunny day unlike today when it is the complete opposite. I could imagine myself drinking, sat on the window seat in the miniscule bedroom, watching as life went on outside, observing the way people moved, what they were doing and thinking of what their life is like. Other than the flat being cramped I thought I would take it, it'd only be me living in it anyway and I dont need much space as I barely have any belongings.

As I already had my bag of small luggage with me, the landlord said I could move in today and with the place already furnished it made it even easier. With it being a small price I agreed, thankful to finally being out of the bed and breakfast.

After the landlord left, it gave me time to look around proplery, taking in all the small details about my new living area. It sure was in need of improvements but I knew I could make it work. Heading to the bedroom I put my bag onto the bed, taking my clothes out and hanging them in their new home of the old wooden wardrobe. Lastly at the bottom of my bag a photograph lay, crumpled slightly from being cramped into the small bag. I took it out, examining it in my fingers, remembering the day it was taken. It was of my parents, my mother Delilah and my father Geoffrey, their hands securely around each other, this was their happiest moment. I smiled, slightly missing my mother. She was never the same after father was-

I was cut out of my own thoughts by a banging on the door. I went over and opened it wearily, hoping it wouldn't be someone who I'd left in London. I slightly opened it, realising it was only Tommy.

"I heard this is your new place now" Tommy said, not bothering to be invited in, instead brushing past me, examining the rooms.

"How did you even know I moved here? I've litterally just stepped through the front door" I asked wondering how the fuck he knows everything.

"I know people who tell me things, nothing to concern your head about Ivy" He said as he peered through the window of my bedroom admiring the view of the street. He stood for a moment, pondering in my room, taking in every detail, similar to what I did when I came in here moments before.

I was caught from my thoughts as he spoke "Who are they?" Tommy asked, I realised what he was holding. The crinkled photograph of my parents. I walked over and tore it from him, "Did your mother never teach you to never nosy in peoples stuff" I huffed as I put the photograph back onto the bed.

"My mothers dead" Was all Tommy said, his face of emotion didn't change, telling me he had grieved a long time ago.

"Fuck I'm sorry Tommy" was as I could stutter out, feeling like a complete idiot. "You look like your mother, I presume it was your parents in the photograph?" Tommy asked, glancing at me as he spoke. "Yes my mother and father" I nodded to his response.