cheater - part two // Jack

Start from the beginning

"You could say I'm a bit of a trash mouth." The crowd chuckles at his silly comment.

"The amazing Wyatt Oleff as Stanley Uris." Wyatt waves like the Queen comedically and you can't help but giggle, attempting to shake your nerves and discomfort. "The wonderful Sophia Lillis as Beverly Marsh." Sophia smiles to the crowd.

"She's pretty talented for a redhead, just putting it out there." You tease into the microphone and the crowd erupts in giggles as Sophia playfully punches your shoulder, a fake scowl on her face.

"Kids." Andy jokes, rolling his eyes playfully. "The magnificent Jaeden Lieberher as Stuttering Bill Denbrough." Jaeden smirks at the crowd and shrugs his shoulders unapologetically. "The fantastic Jeremy Ray Taylor as Ben Hanscom." Jeremy waves like a psycho to the audience. "The hilarious Jack Dylan Grazer as Eddie Krasbrak." You felt your heart race, your fists clenched and tears filling your eyes. You could feel yourself shaking slightly as Jack grins handsomely at the crowd. Sophia grabs your hand and comforts you silently. "And last but certainly not least, the fabulous Y/N L/N, who played our original character, Emaline Hinley. Y/N will be giving a nice speech before we start our movie." You snap out of it as your name is called. You take a huge breath and let go of Sophia's hand, grabbing the microphone from Andy as the crowd applauded.

"Thank you everyone. I'm so thankful to be here tonight, to have had the amazing opportunity to star in a movie with a trashmouth Mike Wheeler, prepubescent Molly Ringwald and a bird-watching Jew." The crowd cracks a laugh at your strange joke. The cast snorts with hilarity. "But all jokes aside, never in a million years did I believe that everyone would know my name, my face would be on magazines across the world and people would actually listen to what I had to say like I was actually someone important, someone who mattered. The most crazy thing to me was the fact that I had no idea I would star in a movie with this amazing group of Losers and be recognised internationally as a child star. All of my dreams have come true, besides the one about having infinite pizza and meeting the Queen of England, but those are tasks to save for a rainy day." Jack can't help but smile at your cheeky jokes, his heart flipping inside his chest. Although you put up a front to the media, you truly hadn't changed one bit. "Although we've had our ups and downs, keep in mind — we were stuck on a set full of moody and hormonal teenagers for hours on end, I love everyone who made this movie happen. Whatever you guys think of the movie, I know I'm proud of it and I gave the movie a hundred and ten percent. I will never forget the experiences that came from it, especially since Jaeden and Wyatt decided to spam my phone with thousands of photos." You giggle, sniffling as you wipe nostalgic tears away. "I will never forget this family. I hope you enjoy the movie and thank you for listening to me babble on for ten minutes straight." The audience went wild as the Losers Club pulled you into a hug, tears pouring down everyone's faces. You walk off stage, making your way back to your table and the lights are dimmed. David pulls you into a hug and the whole Stranger Things cast congratulates you, Joe ruffling your hair. You head over to the IT table and sit in between Chosen and Finn. You watch the movie and laugh and cry your way through it. It gets to the part you feared the most, you and Jack's scene.

"Em, we can't go into that sewer. I don't want to die." You shake your head at Jack, grabbing his uninjured hand.

"I promise everything will be okay." You squeeze his hand. You remember that scene, it was one of the first scenes you had to film with Jack and it was after that scene that he asked you on a date, your first date actually.

"How do you know that? What if I get hurt? What if you get hurt?" You smile reassuringly, even though your character was probably scared shitless.

"We're going to save Bev, Eddie. Nothing will happen to me and if something does, I want you to have this." You take off your character's necklace, placing it in the palm of Jack's hand. "And I want you to give it to the love of your life." You felt your eyes begin to water and you began to shake slightly. Finn notices and grabs your hand, squeezing it reassuringly. You can see Jack glance at you out of the corner of your eye.

Jack stares at you, his eyes not leaving yours. He leans forward and kisses you. You wrap your arms around his neck and kiss back. It was sweet and innocent. He pulls back. "I'll give it to our daughter." You finally feel yourself crying. You pull away from the table and run off, not caring if anyone saw. You make your way down the hall, shaking your head.

"Why am I feeling like this?" You ask yourself as you sink down on the floor, your back leaning against the wall. You wipe your tears and sit there for a while, just trying to calm down. You burying your head into your knees as you hear footsteps coming towards you. Not looking up, you remove your legs from your face and bring them to your chest, wiping your eyes.

"Look, Finn. I really don't want to have one of your heart-to-hearts right now." You refused to look at the person as you try to pull yourself together.

"Good thing I'm not Finn." You flinch at the voice, realising who it actually is. You look up and glare at him, trying to hide your hurt.

"What do you want, Jack? To laugh at me? Make me feel any worse than I already do? I re-" He cuts you off, pressing his lips to yours. You melt into the kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck. You realise what you've done and shove him off, standing up. Tears streamed harshly down your face as you stare at the boy. "Why?" Jack looks at you in confusion and sorrow. "Why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you keep playing with me? I don't deserve to be treated like this, Jack." Your voice cracks at the end and it breaks his heart. You curse yourself for showing more weakness than you already have.

"I know you don't. You deserve much better than me." He runs a hand through his hair, glancing at the ground as he sighs. "I'm sorry." You felt shocked, this was the first time he'd ever apologised to you genuinely. He'd apologised that day through your yells and tears, but this was the first time you'd ever heard remorse in his voice for his actions. "I'm sorry for saying all those stupid lies, I'm sorry for cheating on you, I'm sorry for splitting up our friend group and I'm sorry for making you feel like you weren't worth it because you are." He apologises, rubbing the back of his neck. "But most importantly," His eyes connect with yours and you could see the tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry for breaking your heart and for hurting you." Jack's tears start as well as he continues talking.

"Jack-" you try to speak to him softly.

"I've grown up a lot over the past year and realised how shitty I was as a person. I don't deserve your forgiveness or respect and I sure as hell don't deserve you, but I know I could never forgive myself if I didn't at least try to get you back." You gaze at the boy, looking into his eyes. He had truly matured over the past twelve months, but your heart was still untrusting.

"I don't know if I can trust you." He nods his head understandingly.

"I completely understand, can we at least be friends?" You smile at the boy before pecking his lips.

"Jack, I didn't say I didn't want you back, you just need to prove that I can trust you." The boy smiles, pecking your cheek.

"Let's take things slow then and I promise I'll try my hardest to make it up to you in every way possible." You embrace the boy, burying your head in his shoulder. "Thank you for letting me try again." He whispers to you. You smile into his shirt.

"Thank you for trying to fix things."

WORD COUNT: 2240 words