sonora - part one // Finn

Age: fourteen

Y/N - Your name
N/N - Nickname
E/C - Eye colour
H/C - Hair colour

'Can't tell where I'd be without or live two days without doubts, I can't go without Sonora' — Sonora by Spendtime Palace

Y/N'S POV

Six years of friendship is one of the many things you shared with the one and only Finn Frogface Wolfhard. He is one of, if not, your closest friends and you knew that when he asked you to be in a music video he and Josh were working on, of course you wanted to help. Only problem, you had to kiss Finn — well, that wasn't really a problem, the thought of locking lips with Finn made your heart flutter. The problem was the fact that you'd had a crush on Finn for two years now, how the hell were you meant to react?!

You prepared for the day, chucking on some simple clothes since you knew you were going to get changed into your costume there. You grabbed your old converse, which were a part of your costumes for one of the today's scenes. Before you left, you shoved a Poptart in your mouth and grabbed your phone and wallet. The studio isn't too far away from your house, so you decided that it was a nice day and that it should be fine to walk. You arrive at the studio in twenty minutes and it's pretty quiet because filming didn't start for at least a good hour.

"Y/N!" You let out a squeal of shock when you felt a hand grab your shoulder, scaring you. You turn around and come to face to face with Josh, your hand on your chest, slightly puffing.

"Dude! You scared the crap out of me." Josh gave you a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, I need you to go to costume and makeup. Finn's not here yet but he should be here soon. Maybe go over the script once more before we film the scene." Josh smirks at you and you glare back in response. "The kiss scene will be towards the end of the day and everyone will be there." Josh exaggerates the number of people who will be at the filming as your cheeks burn a bright red. "UH HA! So you do like F-!" Josh almost screams as you shove your hand over his mouth, muffling his yell.

"Shush! Not everyone on set needs to know." You then remove your hand from Josh's mouth and he smirks again.

"You're not gonna deny it?" He asks and you playfully punch him on the shoulder.

"Josh, I've had a crush on Finn for years. You're just really stupid." You giggle before rolling your eyes and heading to the makeup trailer.

"Have fun in makeup, lover girl!" He teases loudly and you cringe before sighing. You open the door to the makeup trailer to find Finn already getting ready. You freeze, not knowing what to do as your mouth becomes dry and your heart begins to go crazy.

"Hey N/N! I was wondering when you would come to set." You clear your throat, managing to let a few words escape your mouth.

"J-josh said you weren't on s-set yet." You stumble over your words and Finn chuckles, still sat in his makeup chair as Lizzy fixes his hair.

"Since when did you become stuttering Bill? Josh saw me as soon as I arrived." You mumble a few angry profanities under your breath before making your way to the chair beside Finn. He hops up after Lizzy had finished and kisses your cheek playfully. "I'll see you at filming, partner." He winks and luckily walks away before he could see your face turning the shade of a tomato. Lizzy giggles childishly before motioning for you to sit down. You walk to the seat, where Finn has previously been sitting. She begins applying your makeup.

"So... the kiss scene..." She trails off.

"I'm not ready." You blurt out, still embarrassed. She furrows her eyebrows in confusion.

"I thought you liked Finn." You proceed to groan and bury your face in your hands in an attempt to camouflage your blood-red cheeks.

"Is it really that obvious?" She chuckles, removing your hands from your face as she applies a light lip gloss.

"For me, it is. Because I looked at a boy like you look at Finn, when I was your age." She finishes up, smiling softly.

"And what happened with him?" You question, looking in the mirror and brushing stray hairs out of your face.

"I'm now engaged to him." Lizzy proceeds to redo your messy braids. You felt your heart fill with encouragement.

"Thanks Liz." You hug the friendly makeup artist before heading to the costume trailer. Set is now a lot more busy as the band we're going over soundcheck and set crew were rushing around, trying to get the extras sorted. You were soon dressed and were all set to film today's first scene. You attempt to read over the script, but keep falling on the same goddamn page, the kiss page.

Male character guides female character through party and finds a spot at the front where they dance and watch the band. Male character then turns to female character, who is resting her head on his shoulder and takes his hat off. The two lean in and kiss for a few seconds. They pull away and female character leans her head back on male character's shoulder.

You sighed, your stomach flip-flopping with nerves as she gaze over the same words that you had read a million times. You had to do this, for the video and for Finn.

TIME SKIP

You had filmed a few scenes, doing a few retakes with Josh yelling directions. It was too expensive to film every scene in order, so the last scene of the day was the kiss scene. All of the extras had gathered and the special effects crew blasted music to get them in the mood as the band pretended to play. The extras danced around and cheered occasionally.

"And ACTION!" Josh yells and Finn catches you off guard by pulling you through the crowd. You end up falling over and begin to laugh hysterically. Finn starts laughing too and helps you up, pulling you to your feet. You stumble a little, your hand on his chest and his arm around your waist to keep you steady. You could feel yourself blush as your heart beats rapidly. "Retake." You could hear the unimpressed tone in Josh's voice. You pull away from Finn and his arm drops back to his side.

"Thanks." You grin uncontrollably and Finn chuckles.

"No problemo, my tomato-faced friend." You groan as you attempt to hide the embarrassment on your face behind your hands just like in the makeup trailer. Finn guides you back to where you had walked in and pulls your hands away from your face, a soft yet firm hold on your wrists. "Hey." He speaks softly. "It's okay to be embarrassed. I was too for my first on-screen kiss." He reassures you, his eyes never leaving yours.

"It's just kind of hard because I'm kissing the guy I like." You blurt out. Your eyes widen at the realisation of what you just said. Finn goes to respond but is cut off by Josh.

"Kissing scene, take two. And ACTION!" Still startled from what you just said, Finn grabs your hand softly and pulls you forward, guiding you through what you had to do. The two of you then stood in the middle of all of the extras and watched the band for a little bit, dancing around and trying not to show that you were absolutely mortified at that moment. Finn pulls you back to him and you place your head on his shoulder, resting it there as you ignore what you had said. Finn then turns to you and you look up at him. He takes off his hat and you both lean in, all while your heart is feeling as if it is going to burst. His lips graze against yours, capturing them in the scripted kiss as multiple cameras film the different angles. After a few seconds, you pull away just as scripted and rest your head back on Finn's shoulder, your brain screaming at you to get out before he confronts you.

"And CUT! That was great, guys. Good job, everyone can go home."

WORD COUNT: 1422 words