#sochirace

"Welcome to the Sochi Amphiseum for race 3 of the A-GRL Premier Tournament. I am Ryan Jiergen and joining me in the commentary box is ex-racing pilot Cliffe Hill."

"Hello, a-g fans. Good to have you with us."

"There is nothing wrong with your holovisions, folks. We have a wet weather race on our hands today!"

"Ah, the heavens want to have a say in this tournament, it seems. Expect a lot of collisions this race. Although the rain does affect the ships' performance, the biggest issue I had with flying in the rain is the spray coming out from under my competitors. Dirty passing is really the only option in the rain."

"At the front, we have Natasha Chernova from Marux, who found a whole second over the next pilot, our favorite, Victor Citrus from Redline."

"Finally, for the first time in 15 years, we have the Marux and Redline ships making up the front row."

"A historic moment in the history of the sport, truly. But a 1 second advantage to the rookie over a seasoned a-g racer... has Marux built a fast machine or have they placed a goddess at its controls?"

"It didn't seem like Chernova was at all worried as she put her helmet on in the hangar. I've seen that kind of pilot before. I don't want to put the commentator's curse on her or anything, but a pole-sitter who moves that calmly is another level in terms of concentration."

"In 3rd place, we have Aiko Tan from Macaw, who we can now confirm has the most powerful thruster at the back of his ship. Expect the Macaw pilot to make some gains down the start-finish straight."

"Weapons are still deployable in the rain, just as long the pilots fly over the weapon pads. Whether the pilots are still accurate with them is a whole other deal, however. As I said before, these anti-gravity ships toss up a lot of spray from under them."

"The AI Race Director will start the race very shortly. Just look at the spray coming up from all the ships!"

"And they're only hovering in place! Imagine the carnage when this race starts!"