Chapter 8

I looked at Akira, completely horrified by what she had just said. Suga looked astonished and confused while a red hue slowly formed on her face. Her left eye twitched and her lips pressed together and when I looked down at her hands I saw them clenched by her sides.

Akira, on the other hand, looked completely neutral. She looked incredibly relaxed as she moved sitting against the wall. I looked her up and down and saw now all the things that she and Asuna had in common, as well as the things that set them apart from each other. Her hair was darker, and thicker as well as longer than Asunas and her skin much, much paler. She was slightly built, not like Asuna who was, for a girl, a towering figure. And then there was the incredible differenced with their eyes. But they both had the same determined set of their shoulders, the same shape of their faces. The same set of their mouths. The same slender limbs.

I remembered all the times I looked into Asunas eyes, always filled with happiness and joy, love and strength all mixed together. Akiras eyes were impossible to read, with the hard coating of strength and intelligence hiding anything else. It was like that was all she wanted people to see, although I knew that wasn't all there was to her.

After the three of us stayed in silence for entirely too long, Akira yawned and smiled lazily at Suga and I.

"Would you two mind getting out while I change? I don't need a pervert and a stranger watching my undress." I flushed heavily and pushed Suga out of the room slamming the door behind me. She was still flustered from the earlier comment about her but she shook her head as if clearing her thoughts.

"Kazuto. Level with me. Who is she and why did you bring her back from a party?" I stuttered out a few words when I heard the door open. I turned to see Akira standing there in the white shirt and her own jeans along with her glasses. She leaned in the doorway smirking at us and Sugas eyes widened.

"Oh my god please don't tell me you slept together!" she said loudly. Akiras eyes lit up in anger while I tried my best to explain without mentioning the fact that she's my girlfriends sister.

"N-no! She's not a hooker! She's-"

"I'm from the SAO party. You know, the one that your cousin went to last night with his girlfriend. I was pissed drunk and I clearly couldn't find my own way home. So he offered to bring me here. And here I am." Akiras strong voice rang out, cutting through the yelling. She stood where I had last seen her, in the doorway leaning against the frame. She shot me a quick glare before returning her gaze to Suga. She gave her an apologetic look before grabbing my arm and dragging me into my room. Stumbling after her, I kicked the door shut while she fell back onto my bed. She grabbed a phone, hers I presume, from my desk and started dialing a number.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I sat in my desk chair. She just looked at me, unamused, and put her phone to her ear.

"Yea man, we still on for tonight? Yea I'm gonna have to bail on you. I got totally wrecked at that party last night. Nearly hit my PB. Hm? Oh right, yea of course I'll be there on Monday. Can you tell the other guys that they wont see me until then?" she kept chatting quickly, talking to whoever was on the other end of the phone as carelessly as I would talk to any of my friends. After a few minutes of this, she hung up and dropped her phone to the bed.

"What was all that about?" I questioned with true curiosity in my mind. With a shrug, she started gathering her the few items she had brought to the house.

"I need to go back to my place. I have people to see and places to go." I stared at her in utter disbelief.

"You can't go back now! You're clearly hungover and Asuna will be worried if you just leave!" Akira just continued to walk away from me, saying nothing. I stared after her for several seconds before going after her. "Akira seriously you can't just leave. Do you even know how to get home from here?"

She suddenly spun on her heel and whipped towards me, stopping me in my tracks immediately. "Kazuto, seriously. I can handle myself. I don't need my sisters boyfriend to babysit me. Just because shes pathetic doesn't mean I'm the same." Akira flounced down the front stairs and made her way down the street, looking at her phone the entire time. With a sigh, I realized that nothing I could say would change her mind. I sat on the steps and watched her as she disappeared up the street. When I was sure that she was safely to a main road, I turned and wondered back inside.

I knew I should've called Asuna. I knew that it was wrong that I had left her to deal with her parents. And yet I didn't want to hear her. I didn't want to talk to anyone. So I did what I always did when I was stressed, when I didn't want to speak. I laid down in my bed and put on the ammosphere, disappeared into the world of Alphine. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya girl finally updated this. FINALLY. I am very sorry lmao I'm actually gonna try to wrap this story up soon because I have so many other things I need to write, as well as a high work load at school and a job to hold onto. So whoopsie.