Chapter 6

Asuna (jeeeez finally I know!)

Something was wrong with Kirito. I knew that much immediately. Ever since we opened the portal and he went off by himself he has been acting weird, like he's trying to avoid me. But I play along, acting like myself as much as possible. It's the only way I can work out what's happened to change him.

I met with my sister, during lunch. She seemed as bored as ever. I can admit that I'm worried about her, especially when she said that she might get fired from her work. If Scarlett loses her job then she may end up living on the streets, and a member of the Yuuki family homeless....it would ruin the reputation...

As Kazuto pulled up in front of the Dicey Café, I thought over the advice she had given me about him. 'Boys are creatures of habit. They can be useful, fun to have around and good partners, and you will forgive them as soon as they wrong. But the minute you make even the tiniest mistake, they will turn their backs and give you the cold shoulder. It takes time for them to recover and accept your apology, but nothing will be quite the same again.'

She was right in a sense. But I have no idea what I have done to Kirito to make him mad or upset at me. I watched as he dismounted the bike gracefully and held out his hand to help me. "M'lady," he said in a joking tone. I giggled and took his hand, clambering down and stand next to him resting my head on his shoulder. Kirito secured his motorcycle and lead me into the noise and warm glow of the café.

Kirito

We were immediately greeted by Rika and Keiko, the two girls whisking Asuna away, energetically chatting about something. I sighed and watched them go as I spotted Kleins vibrant red hair over at the bar. As I walked over I saw him chatting up a girl with long, dark brown hair. Agil was there on the other side looking amused. He was obviously watching Kleins attempts in flirting and trying not to laugh.

I sat down on the stool next to Klein. He looked up at me and grinned, snaking his arm around my shoulders and forcing me to stand again. I stumbled over as Klein exclaimed loudly to the girl, "and see this here is the Black Swordsman, ya'know, the Beater! He's a good mate of mine, aren't you Kirito?" I nodded awkwardly and the girl just tapped the bar, which was a signal for another top up. Agil poured her something that looked like whiskey and she took it and downed it immediately. I looked at her in surprise as she tapped the bar again. Agil frowned at her, clearly concerned.

"Are you sure? This would be your seventh one and this stuff is pretty stro-"

The girl cut him off. "Just get me other one. I know my limit." Her voice had a dark and sharp edge to it, one that was unexpected. Her hair veiled her face, and her dark clothing showed that she probably didn't want to be noticed. Agil, not wanting confrontation, got her another drink hesitantly. When he placed this one in front of her, she left it on the bench, just looking into the glass.

"Klein!" someone from across the room yelled. He and I both looked towards the source, seeing Rika waving him over. The man beside me sighed and he rose from his seat.

"Don't worry sweetie," he addressed to the girl. "I'll be back as fast as I can." Klein winked at her and ruffled my hair as he walked past and went over towards the other girls.

"No, please take your time," the girl muttered under her breath. I laughed and she turned her head towards me, hair still covering most of her face. I saw the paleness of her skin. I could feel her studying me, though after a few moments, she returned to looking back into her drink. I moved into the seat that had up until recently been vacated by Klein and held out my hand.