Flashback

Ty~~~~

I woke up, slowly starting to feel something soft underneath me. My eyes snapped open and I groaned, holding my head in one hand. I shielded my eyes with a small hiss as the lights flicked on, blinding me.
"Sorry Kit-Kat." Sky said quietly, starting to walk towards the bed.
"What is with all these nicknames?" I asked, still having my eyes covered by my arm. Sky just laughed a little and sat at the end of the bed. I slowly uncovered my eyes and looked up into Sky's sunglasses, searching for any color behind them. He searched my eyes for a second before sighing.
"You're wondering... aren't you?" He whispered, trailing a hand through his curly brown hair. I smiled softly.
"You know me all too well, Mr. Sky."
Sky smiled for a second before a frown sunk in on his face.
"You don't want to see these ugly things I have to call eyes." He said, tearing up. I pulled up into a sitting position, swaying a little, and touched his arm.
"You have seen the worst thing possible about me, my pointy cat ears and cat teeth. And who told you your eyes are ugly?"
Sky looked down at his hands in his lap.
"My poor excuse for a father..." He said, twisting his hands around each other. I touched his cheek lightly, very close to the rim of Sky's glasses, making him flinch slightly.
"Sky... your father is just a mean, old drunk that doesn't care about anything anymore..." I said, trying to sooth him. Sky teared up and looked down at the floor, making my hand leave his face. He slowly got up and laid his hand on mine for a second before walking to the door. He sharply turned around and practically ran back to me. He leaned forward until his face was inches from mine.
"You faced your fear... why can't I face mine?" He whispered. I teared up at remembering my fear...

~FLASHBACK~

I paced the floor, clutching the rose it my left hand, making some of the needles poke into my hands. This was it. Today was the day I would confess my love for Mitch. I was waiting for him to emerge out of his house where I had told him I would meet home for a guys night. Little did he know, I loved him and this wasn't just going to be a regular night. Mitch opened up the door with a goofy grin on his pale face.
"Hey dood! Come on in! I hope you don't mind, I invited Jerome as well. I thought you should be the first one to know something important." He said happily. I didn't think anything of the important part of his saying, not even that Jerome was here. I was just happy I had gotten rid of that clećhe rose that I had punctured my hand with. Little did I know, that wasn't the only bad thing to happen to me tonight...