~ T W O ~

Lane began crying from her crib. I immediately sat up and went to her aid. She was laying down with her back against the mattress of her crib. As I walked over to her she stuck her arms out to me. I picked her up out of her crib and rocked her in my arms.

"What's the matter princess? Huh? Do you need a baba?" I asked babily.

She stopped crying and looked up at me with her big blue eyes. I chuckled and walked downstairs to the kitchen. She was blabbing off to herself on the way there. Every once in a while she would let out a little giggle that would instantly bring my lips into a smile.

I grabbed the formula out of the cupboard and began to mix it together. Once her bottle was ready I sat down on the couch with her in my arms. She held her little hands up towards the bottle and grunted. I chuckled and held it closer to her. She grasped it in her tiny little hands and brought it to her mouth. I held it there for her while she drank it.

Why did she have to be so gosh darn cute?!? I sat there watching her drink it. She was slowly falling back asleep. I felt my eye lids drupe down every now and then.

--------

"Honey. Hey kiddo wake up." I heard a deep voice say.

I opened my eyes wide. Shit Lane! I went to get up but I felt her snuggling into my chest. I let out a sigh and leaned back into the couch. God I hate when I do that.

"Hi dad." I said groggily.

"Why don't you get some rest and I'll watch Lane for a little bit. I don't have work today." He said.

I looked down at Lane and then up at my dad. He had a smirk on his face knowing that I was debating weather I was going to let him watch her. He reached out of her. I kissed her forehead and let my dad hold her.

"She needs a bottle at 10, needs to be burped, and then yo-"

"I know what to do Axel, I've watched her a million times before. I have it memorized." My dad said chuckling.

I gave him a smile and kissed Lane again. He pulled me into a hug. I love my dad. He has helped me a lot through all this. I mean my mom helps to but my dad just gives me that like man to man thing. He always gave me advice on what to do. He told me what he did to calm me down when I was this age. It has helped me a lot surprisingly.

He released me from the hug and sat down on the couch. I smiled at Lane and my dad and walked upstairs. Once I had arrived in my room I flopped down on my bed. The blankets on my bed surrounded me making a little nest. I felt so warm and I was so tired that I fell right asleep.

---------------------

I was woken up by my mom shaking me awake. She was dressed fancy like she was going to some overly priced restaurant. She went to my closet and pulled out some nice clothes of mine. She then when digging through Lane's clothes. I just sat in my bed staring at her in confusion.

"Mom what are you doing?"

"We are all going out to eat tonight, you have to come with, dad wants you to meet his boss and his family. He has a girl around the same age as you. She's a little different but she's nice. I want you to quickly put this outfit on and I'll dress Lane up in this. Your father is gonna start getting dressed too." She said quickly.

She threw the clothes at me and ran out of my room holding Lane's clothes. I grabbed the clothes and looked at them. They are really nice, it kinda disturbs me that I own clothes like these. I quickly changed into them and went downstairs. My mom had Lane dressed up in a little pink dress, she had a little bow on top of her head, and she had on some black slip on fancy shoes.

My dad came down in a rush. He ushered us out the door and into the car. I was sitting in the back with Lane. She was sitting in her little car seat. He body facing towards the seat since she was still very little. Once we arrived at the restaurant we all piled out of the car. I unbuckled Lane and carried her inside with the carrier. My dad went up to the hostess and told him that we were here.

"You can take a seat, your table will be ready in just a few minutes." He said.

I went and sat down. I placed Lane's carrier on the floor in front of me. She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back down at her. A giggle escaped her lips making mine turn into a grin. The little bell on the door chimed as someone entered the building. They were dressed very nicely. The man was wearing a black suit, the woman was wearing a very nice red dress that reached just below her knees. The girl that was with them was facing the other direction, she had on a floral dress. It fit her body perfectly and ended mid-thigh.

"Mr. Peter! It is so nice that we could meet today." My father said going up to the man.

"Yes it is Tom. I thought it would be a great idea if our families got to know each other seeing as we are going to be closer now that you have been promoted." Mr. Peter told my father.

"Sure is." He said smiling.

My mother walked over to Mrs. Peter. I stayed on the bench playing with Lane. She was just staring at me with a smile. Her blue eyes were shining when she would look at the artwork in the building. I decided that I could take her out of the carrier so she could see better.

I unbuckled her and held her in my arms. She leaned into me while looking around the restaurant. She studied everyone in the room. She giggled at the people who gave her attention. I chuckled and walked around to the artwork.

She snuggled into me and her eyes began to droop. I don't understand why babies are always so tired. Lane has been sleeping almost the whole day and she's still tired. As I was walking around I noticed the girl again. She was sitting in a chair playing on her phone. I went to go over to her but her father called her over. When she stood up I finally had the chance to see her face.

Alex.

I didn't know that she was a Peter. Damn, her family is so nice, why is she such a bitch at school then? I stared at her as she walked to her father. He introduced her to my parents, she was so kind and friendly towards them. I was shocked. I quickly turn around knowing that my mother was going to mention me.

I felt her eyes on my back. I held Lane tighter to my chest. There was a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turned around and was met with Alex. She was slightly shocked. She looked down in my arms and saw Lane. Her eyes widened and she looked even more shocked. I chuckled.

"The table is ready." She whispered.

I nodded. She was studying me. She probably wasn't expecting me to be carrying a baby. I carefully picked up the carrier while balancing Lane in my one arm. The diaper bag was on my shoulder so I didn't have to worry about picking that up.

We walked to the table. I placed the carrier under the table. I kept Lane in my arms because she gets fusy when she sleeps in a place she hasn't been before. She snuggled into my chest and let out a little yawn. I looked up only to see everyone at the table was throwing googoo eyes at Lane. I let out a quiet laugh at their faces.

"Who is this?" Mr. Peter asked.

"This little girl is Lane." I said.

"Oh?"

"She is my daughter." I said proudly.

He looked at me shocked along with the rest of the Peter family. My parents were looking at me with proud smiles. I didn't care what people thought of me. Lane is my little princess and they have no right to judge me.

I smiled down at her sleeping form and waited until the waiter came to take our order.