I'll wait for you

(This does contain a major spoiler, but it follows along its own Au kind of, this is kind of my first full fanfic, so I do apologise if it's terrible)

It was night, Fairytail had won against Tartaros. We were all exhausted and happy, however, everyone of us had suffered one way of another. We where all emotionally torn apart. We remained strong, and held our smiles. Sadly, there was nothing that could have prepared us for the shock awaiting us.

I awoke from my slumber, still feeling tiered. As I rubbed my eyes, I realised something was missing. I looked around groggily, only to find that a certain red head was missing from the room. It was very common that I stayed with Erza overnight, to the point that I practically moved in, that is was "Best Friends" do...I guess. I have always loved Erza more than a friend. However, I know that if I confess, it would ruin our friendship, and make everything an awkward mess. I sigh. Just being able to make her smile is enough for me.

I pulled myself out of my daydream, and looked around urgently for my precious friend. Looking in every room, tight space, closet, cupboards, and fridge...yes the fridge. Eventually I succumbed to the fact that she was no where to be seen. I let out a big sigh, threw on some clothes and dragged myself to the rubble called Fairytail.

I had no idea on how to react to what I saw or heard.

My eyes grew wide and tearful. "I have made the decision to disband Fairytail" I wanted to cry, but I held them back and continued to look for Erza.

I quietly walked up to Gray.
"Hey Gray. Where's Erza?" My voice was dry, and already wavering. He looked at me, then looked down. "Well..." the dark haired wizard debated his response "She's uh-" "I hope you will find everything you ever hoped for, and will lead your own path into successful. I love all my children equally, and I want you all to remember...Even though we will live out our own paths, remember we are family" Master Makarov interrupted, but Gray seemed relieved.
"Well? She's what, Gray. Where is Erza." I stared with a stern tone.

"She's gone."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHES GONE?!"
"C-Calm down, I mean she's not here in Fiorè" Gray said putting his hands out in a defensive manner. A foot came into contact with Gray's stomach, sending him to the nearest tree.
"Wendy!"
Wendy jumped at the sound of your voice.
"Do you know where Erza is?!" You asked frantically.
"Sh-She said that she's going to do a personal mission of her own...so she is traveling outside of Fiorè."the small blue haired girl stuttered, scared of your reaction. You decided to walk away.

"Well...if it's just a job...she should be back soon...right?...right." You say reassuring yourself slightly. You trudge back to the shared house you and Erza shared.

It had been a week, and rent was due. Since Fairytail had been disbanded, it was impossible to find any ways of getting work. You had originally applied for a few jobs in Fiorè, with little success.
A few months went by. You had lost yours and Erza's house and everything with in it. With no money, you had no way to feed yourself or do any necessities, you had become too weak to use any magic power, and grew more hungry and sick by the day. Occasionally you would be given small amounts of pity money, however, it didn't go to far.
It was drawing to the end of the year. You returned to the rubble of your former guild hall and just laid there. For days on end until one day, a strand of red captured your eye. You jolt up on impulse, using whatever energy left in your body to hold you up.
It was her.

..."Erza." Your voice was hoarse, and broken. You beckoned her to hear you, but you where too quiet. While falling to the ground again, you nudged a piece of rubble, causing it to roll all the way to Erza's foot. "Huh?" She mumbled to herself confused. As she looked up, she was terrified with the sight that met her eyes. "Shi!"

A women dressed in an armoured chest-plate, a navy blue skirt black boots and red hair rushed to the black haired silhouette sprawled out in the rumble, and knelt by her side.

"I waited for you...I guess I can finally stop waiting.." you forced a small dying smile as your eyes closed and soul lifted.

Her limp arm rested solemnly against the cold grey ground, filled with rubble of which the Fairytail Guild once stood proud. Her face was pale, and grey, like the melancholy sky above her. Her once beautiful style of clothing, now torn and ragged, like the hearts of all the former Fairytail members. Was she alive? Or has she faded out of our lives as quickly as she blessed them. Her enchanting teal blue eyes had dimmed into a deep dead steel, dejected from all life and activity. Her body, once healthy and happy, tinted with a warm pale pink, had wilted into skin and bones. Each feature of her body had turned into thorns. Her rosy face. Painted with loneliness.

"I'm sorry..." the red head cried aloud. "I'm so, incredibly sorry I wasn't there, i betrayed you...I should have stayed" the scarlet red hair shielded her eyes, and his her tears. "I-I failed you...as your friend...I stabbed your back" she whimpered. "I knew of true feelings, but I failed to tell you mine." A few seconds of silence that seemed like years crawled by. "I betrayed you"

A tall man, who was usually shirtless, cautiously walked up to the wailing red head, and gently placed his hand upon her shoulder. "Erza...it's not your fault.." he said I'm a soft and sympathetic tone. "Yes, yes it is my fault. If I hadn't recklessly adventured off, then I would have been here to comfort her and help her when she needed it." Erza stood up with a deep, aching sigh. "Fairytail is not just a place where we can find jobs and earn a living, it is not just a place where wizards can practice their magic." The red head faltered slightly, however she maintained her stance. "Fairytail I a place where we make strong friendships, where we trust and love each other. No one is too strong or too weak. We are a family. And nothing can ever challenge that. Even though our guild may not be standing, that will never ruin our family. We will remain strong, and even though we may part, you shall never ever forget our main rule and you must engrave it in your heart!" A new found strength bloomed in her eyes.
Wind blew her hair, and the sun pierced through the dark clouds, shining upon her, making her being seen angelic and majestic.
"One:Even if we walk different paths, one must always live on as strong as you are able. You must never treat your life as something insignificant." Tears begun to leek out of her eyes, which shimmered in the suns rays. "You must never forget the friends you love for as long as you live!"
The members of Fairytail cheered with heavy hearts.
"However, instead of separating, let us strive to reunite stronger then ever before, connect our hearts, as we not only morn for our Conrad, but I member of our family!"
Everyone was now either sobbing, cheering, or a mix of both.
Erza turned around to see a small tear fall from the girls eye. Erza's eyes widened as she saw the girls body begin to glitch, and fade away. Her body shuddered. A small weak voice echoed "thankyou...Erza..I love you" a wave of golden magical shiny particles danced in the wind, as they were swooped off into the distance..."Was she not real...all along?" A small man appeared beside Erza."Master Makarov?" She said in confusion. "She was just an illusion created from the kindness of our hearts."

(1409 words)
(Thankyou so very much if you read this far, I hope it was ok. If you want me to write more, let me know. ❤️)