Chapter 13

“Hi Marissa.”

“Demi calls me Rissa. You’re welcome to as well.” Marissa oh I’m sorry Rissa said in clearly fake enthusiasm. I didn’t know what to think of her. I mean she was goofy and made Demi happy, so I guess I could give her a chance.

“Okay, Rissa. I’m going to go stalk Twitter. I’ll leave you guys to whatever you do.” I said jokingly, but seriously. Demi gave me a sympathetic look, but I shot back a smile to reassure her.

“Okay kiddo. Don’t get in to any trouble!” Demi was trying to be a stern parent, but it obviously wasn’t working for her. I decided that two could play at the role playing game.

“Sir, yes sir!” I said with a salute.

“Ha. Ha. Smartass.” Demi joked.

“Okay, well peace out.” I hopped up and ran to what was my room. It wasn’t big or small. It had a medium size closet, and a small bathroom. The bed wasn’t much. Demi wanted me to be comfortable, and I told her I prefer my mattress to be on the floor. I didn’t know why, I just did. We were going to move it tomorrow.

What to do. What to do.

I was scrolling through my Twitter when I got a notification telling me Demi had tweeted. I opened it and saw her and Marissa covered in flour in Demi’s kitchen. Seriously I’d been gone five minutes, and this happens. I got up and started to head toward the kitchen, and the closer I got the louder the squeals and laughter got.

“I’ve been gone five minutes and this happens? What. The. Fuck.” I said holding my phone up, so they could see the picture. After they saw it they began to laugh harder. Flour was everywhere. What the hell were they trying to do in here, make it snow?

Demi pointed at Marissa and said in between laughs, “It was her idea!” I just stood there unimpressed. Weren’t they the adults?

“I’m sorry, but how old are you two again?” I just needed to be reassured they were actually adults.

“21. Why?” Marissa said while trying to lick her elbow clean. This picture was priceless I just had to. Without warning I turned my camera on and snapped a picture of the pathetic sight in front of me. Now I was laughing. I put the picture in a tweet and showed them that I was going to post it. Marissa squealed.

“Don’t you dare!” Marissa yelled laughing. Demi was on the floor cracking up urging me on to post it. I just had to. I hit the post button, and before I could scream Marissa had me pinned to the couch beating me with a pillow. We were both cracking up laughing. I began to tickle Marissa and she was dying on the floor. I kept going. Demi was still laughing in the same spot.

“Stop oh my gosh please stop!!!!”

“Never!”

Marissa grabbed me and flung me back on the couch to our previous position. Demi grabbed a pillow so she could join.

“Don’t hurt my baby girl!” Demi said while tickling Marissa and hitting her with the pillow. I was laughing so hard that it hurt.

“Demz, I’m gonna go change. I’ll be back.” I said before hopping up and trotting to my room. I didn’t have many clothing items, so I just decided to throw on my Demi shirt and my gym shorts. Then, I remembered the scars all over my arms. Marissa didn’t see them, because of my sweatshirt. I didn’t want her to know. Only Demi could. I kept thinking of comfortable ways to hide my arms. I didn’t want to wear sleeves because it was so hot. Bracelets are too obvious. Makeup? Perfect! I snuck away to Demi’s bathroom. It was huge! It had white tiles and the mirror was so long. I had no idea where she kept the makeup in this place.

I started going through the different drawers starting from the far left. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

“Come on mother where’s your makeup?” I whispered to myself.

I finally found it in the bottom right drawer. I began to hide the scars, when I heard someone.

“Sky, what are you doing in here?”

Shit! It was Marissa. And, she was looking right at the makeup bag.

“Oh, um nothing. I got lost.” I said as casually as possible. She didn’t look the least bit convinced.

“Wow, you suck at lying. I already know. You don’t have to hide.” She said as she came and sat down next to me.

“Oh. I don’t know what to say to that.”

“You don’t need to say anything. I love your shirt by the way, but if I’m not mistaking she’s down the hall. Why do you need her on your shirt?” She replied rubbing my back with one hand and putting the makeup away with the other. I blushed. I couldn’t help myself. I mean she’s Demi. “Nick is here. Demi told me to come check on you, so I let them be.” She said with a wink causing me to giggle.

“Nick? As in Jonas?”

“Uh huh.”

“Oh really now?” I said.

“YuP.” She said popping the P, “And, they looked especially happy to see each other.” Marissa seemed to be enjoying this conversation. This was amusing to me.

“I’ll let you in on a little secret, Rissa. I’m a hardcore Nemi shipper.”

“Good! Your ship just might be going canon. Don’t tell Demi I said that.” Marissa was giggling now also. Okay, this girl has officially grown on me. She has the same caring nature that Demi has. The same understanding motherly personality. I loved it. Marissa’s hand slid closer to my wrist before finally reaching it. She picked up my arm and traced the scars with her finger. I saw her tear up a little, then blinking it away. She wrapped me up in a hug.

“Stay strong, Sky. Stay strong.”

“I will. I swear.” I can’t believe I just swore to this. Guess I have to now. Whatever… not focusing on that right now.

“Good.” Marissa said pecking my forehead. “Wanna go see what our little love birds are up to?”

“Yes!” I said overly excited. Marissa and I walked down the hall and entered the living area. And, there right before our eyes were Demi and Nick.

Making out.