king of new york | four

(IF YOU READ THIS CHAPTER BEFORE I EDITED IT, I RECOMMEND READING IT AGAIN - I EDITED IT MAJORLY AND ADDED A PART TO THE END)

The next day...

I ended up falling asleep during the movie and waking up to Jeremy nowhere in sight. Sitting up, I noticed that the room was uncomfortably silent. The scent of Jeremy's strong cologne still filled the room making me sigh. I stood up from my couch and went to my bedroom to change into a fresh set of clothes. I put on my crop violet hoodie with leggings and slide on vans - today was not the day I wanted to be fidgeting in something uncomfortable. Grabbing a bagel and my car keys off the counter, I began to head outside towards my car prepared for whatever traffic New York had to offer me this morning.

The ride to the theatre was a breeze, maybe because Waitress Bad Idea was blasting throughout my car. Parking my car in the back, I head inside the back entrance. I head up the staircases to Ben's dressing room to open the door to him stretching with Sky. "Loving the view here!" I said, laughing at the both of them. Ben gets up from stretching and pretends to flip his fake hair "Constance, you being jealous is quite obvious but you will never achieve my greatness" I shake my head, laughing.

Sky, Ben and I continue a conversation until we hear Andrew and Ben F filming a video for the Fansies. We quietly head to see what they're doing and notice they're knocking on Jeremy's door. Ben and Sky exchange smirks and then look at me. Before I could even say a word, Ben grabs my arm and pulls me towards where Andrew and the other Ben was. I glared at Sky and Ben C. trying to get out of their grip but completely struggling.I finally get out of their grasp and collapse onto the floor gaining all attention and a camera on me. Giving a glare to Sky and Ben who were currently laughing, I got up and waved to the camera as Andrew introduced me "And this is Constance, perhaps my FAVORITE person and Intern ever!!" He said giving me a hug, Jeremy faked coughed and Andrew just smirked at him. What?

I was brought into the dressing room or should I say dragged into the dressing room by Andrew and practically shoved into the chair next to Jeremy. wait. this is a spinny chair. I began to spin in the chair not paying attention to what was going on in front of me, just basic questions I guess? Both Bens, Sky and Andrew left and I was just left alone; with Jeremy, and my spinny chair. I stopped spinning around in my chair - feeling a little bit dizzy. Jeremy chuckled and shook his head at my silliness and I laughed with him. "Ready for the big show tonight?" I smiled at him. "Yeah but I'm just a little nervous as always though," He said laughing.

"Hey, Constance?" Jeremy asked and I responded "Yeah?" but a voice interrupted our conversation going over the speakers. "Calling all Newsies to set, calling all Newsies to set." Well crap. Now I'll never know what he wanted to say. Jeremy stood up putting on a small touch up of makeup before going to stage before the show, "Sorry" he sighed and left the dressing room. I left his dressing room and went to join the other interns.

time skip sponsored by my confusion and author's block

We were all watching from backstage as the boys performed King of New York, I watched Ben as he grabbed the newspaper, "You don't need money when you're famous! They gives you whatevas you want, gratis!" "Such as?" Micheal asked.

"A pair of new shoes with matchin' laces" Ben sang

"A permanent box at sheepshead races" Nico continued the lyrics

"Pastrami on rye with a sour pickle" Micheal sang again

Iain took a step forward, looking into the audience "My personal puss on a wooden nickel!"

Ben began to belt the chorus

"Look at me, I'm the King of New York! Suddenly, I'm respectable starin' right at'cha lousy with stature!"

Sky joined in the song "Nobbin' with all the muckety-mucks, I'm blowin' my dough, and goin' deluxe"

"And there I be! Ain't I pretty?" Ben continued again and Micheal joined in with him "It's my city I'm the King of New York!"

As the song continued, I could feel a warm presence behind me which was comforting yet I didn't know who it was. King of New York finished and I felt someone brush against me, by someone it was Jeremy; he went on stage to begin the reprise of Watch What Happens.

It was curtain call and all the boys took their bows, Jeremy took his bow and I began to cheer from backstage extremely loud, gaining a quick glance and smirk from him. The curtains closed and everyone celebrated giving high-fives and hugs all around. I began to walk from backstage to the dressing room areas and I hear someone shouting my name from behind me. I immediately turn around to see Jeremy "casually" slanting against a wall, panting from trying to catch up with me. "Yes?" I giggle a bit before waiting for his response. "You left your phone backstage.." He said handing it to me.

"Oh," I said awkwardly laughing just standing there, looking like an idiot. I took my phone and shoved it in my pocket. "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you this but do you want to go get dinner tonight?" He said showing me his handsome smile.

I stood in shock for a second, looking at him - not believing what I just heard. "Of course," I said smiling back at him. Butterflies were sparking inside me and I could not believe what just happened.

I was going on a dinner date with Jeremy Jordan

Time flew by before Jeremy was about to come to pick me up for our dinner date. I heard knocking at the door and checked out my appearance one last time. I was wearing a loose, baby blue, off the shoulder top with white jeans and Tory Burch sandals. My hair was curled into loose curls and I had a minimal amount of make up on. The knocking continued so I spritzed on some perfume and I opened my door to see Jeremy in a nice button down and Khakis. "Freshened up from that ol' Santa Fe act I'm guessing?" I joked and earned a smile in return. "Eh, maybe just a little. But you, look gorgeous" He said, looking me up in down causing my cheeks to flare. "Not too bad yourself, 'Jordan" I said, looking up to him and taking in how handsome he looked.

"Ready for our date Miss?" Jeremy said, smiling down at me.

"Of course."