As they finished scaling the sand dune, a familiar sight swam into Reys vision. She only became more confused, unsure as to how he knew this place even existed. She managed to pull her arm out of his grip, taking a step back with her hands still in cuffs. She looked at him carefully as she felt her breathing threaten to pick up.

"How do you know about this place? Who told you?" She asked in a shaky but determined tone, looking at him aggressively as though it would help her get an answer out of him. He simply looked away and down at the deserted AT-AT walker that was half buried among the sand.

"You told me." He responded bluntly, walking down the other side of the sand dune towards the deserted machinery.

"What?" She spat, continuing her cycle of being confused. She watched him from atop the dune, unable to figure out what he intended on gaining from bringing her here.

"I saw it, when we touched hands, when we... when we kissed. I saw it in the force." He had stopped now, looking up to her and narrowing his eyes. "This place holds meaning to you, doesn't it?" He hissed, taking a gentle step forward.

Rey took a moment to examine her options. The fact that he knew about this place scared her, but didn't surprise her. She knew he wanted something from this, but was clueless as to what. Was he trying to prove something? Make a point? She looked into his eyes closely, attempting not to get lost in his gaze, but instead to examine it.

"What do you want?" She asked suddenly, not moving from her place atop the dune, maintaining the high ground in case the situation became aggressive. He took note of her stubbornness to move, so instead moved himself a step or so closer, extending his hand.

"I want you to show me." He said gently, cooing his words up to her in a way he hoped would swing her attention onto him and not the reason they were here. "Show me where you came from."

Rey thought for a moment, still confused. She didn't see the harm in doing so, but knew she couldn't be anything less than cautious. She finally took a step down, then another, then another until she made it down to Kylo. She reached up her hand to take his, slowly and gently, allowing her fingertips to feel every inch of his fingers as they slid down to his palm.

Kylo unlocked the cuffs, his eyes never leaving hers. He threw the cuffs to the side, allowing them to sink away into the sand and be forgotten. Hand in hand, he led her inside the fallen Walker, careful not to hit his head on the way in. He focused on the feeling of her soft but worn hand in his coarse and leathery one, his head spinning with adrenaline as his craving for her touch threatened to be fulfilled.

Whilst Kylo was distracted internally, Rey felt herself shudder to the core. This was one of the last places she'd wanted to visit since she joined the rebellion, so it wasn't exactly flattering to her to be back here already. She took a good look around, examining all the marks that she had etched into the wall for all those years. For all those days that she had waited.

Waited for nothing.

"I want you to tell me something..." Kylo purred into Reys ear, suddenly behind her with a stern and unforgiving expression on his lips. An expression she thankfully couldn't see. She felt shivers run down her spine and her breath hitched in her throat promptly.

"T-tell you what?" She stammered, caught off guard and suddenly flustered by his closeness.

"Why you waited here.." He took a moment to physically turn himself around to view the thousands of etchings in the walls. "... For so long." He finished, walking around so that he was in front of her, but with his back to her.

"I was waiting for my parents." She responded blandly, knowing that he knew that. What was he playing at?

"But why? You knew they weren't coming back." He spat, turning to face her suddenly. She took in a sharp breath, furrowing her eyebrows gently.

"I held hope. I had nothing else to do." She said carefully, looking up at him with saddened eyes.

"Hope? Is that what you call desperation?" He snarled, taking an empowering step towards her, causing her to be more on edge than she already was.

"What? No. I was-"

"You think I can't see it? The desperation for you to fit in, to have someone who cares about you?" He took another step forward, causing her to frown and tears to swell into her eyes.

"Ben, stop-"

"Do you really think that someone with worth would really stay in a place like this?" Kylo snapped, looking deeply into her eyes. His voice was deep and unchanged. Unchanged from when she had first met him as an emotionless sith.

"Do you think you're fooling anyone? That people think you're worth something? You come from nothing, Rey. Look around you. What is this? NOTHING!" He yelled suddenly, causing her to jump backwards.

"Ben, stop it. You know none if that is true!" She hissed hurriedly, not wanting to let him continue to torment her. The thing that bothered her the most?

He was getting to her.

"If it isn't true, then why are you so upset? If you meant something to someone, then why didn't they come and get you?"

"I have friends! They care about me!" Rey argued, tears sliding down her cheeks as anger boiled within her.

"Friends? If they really were your friends, then why did they give you up to me and leave without a second thought? Why?"

Rey felt the tears endlessly sliding down her cheeks. Her breathing was thick and heavy, anger swelling and boiling within her. It began to manipulate her thoughts. She began to search for a way out.

"Does it look like anyone's even come to see if you're still here? They haven't, have they? Everything is exactly as you left them. No one cares, Rey. You-"

The anger boiling within her simmered down to hardly anything.

"-Are-"

Replacing the anger, was hatred. Violence.

"-Nothing!"

Rey let a scream rip out of her. It all happened within a matter of seconds. Before she could think twice, she splayed out her hand, forcing her light-saber into her hand off Kylos belt. She ignited it faster than she had caught it, before swinging it down on Kylo Ren.

When she snapped back to reality, she was faced with something she never would have imagined. She light-saber was pressed down against Kylos with all of her strength. He was smirking, wider and wider with every passing moment. That's when it hit her. He wanted this to happen.

She had proven to him that she wasn't as pure as she thought she was. Not only did the light side reside inside Kylo, but the dark side resided inside her as well.