+ Chapter 7 +

"Watch out, you've got two on your tail!"

"I can't shake 'em! I can't shake 'em!"

"Take them through that asteroid field!"

"I'm not gonna make it commander!"

"Hey! Don't you give up on me!"

"I can't shake em! I can't!"

"I'm almost there....
Got one!"

"He's locking onto me!"

"Hang in there!"

"I can't sha-" ... ...

"God Dammit."

From inside the safety of the cruisers bridge, Rey was helpless to watch and listen to another fighter pilot lose to the war. She felt her stomach churn. That was the third pilot in two minutes. Despite this, the fact was that there were many more TIE Fighters going down than there were Resistance pilots. Yet it was only a matter of time before they ran out of resistance fighters. Who knew how many TIE Fighters the First Order was able to shoot out.

"We need to leave, Poe. It's too dangerous. They have more fighters than we anticipated." Leias voice was soft but worried. She'd lived through war for long enough to know that fights with this ratio never ended well for the lesser side. And unfortunately, in this situation, they didn't have the numbers.

"We can't leave unless we take down their crew ship! They will track us otherwise and we will be stuck with no fuel and no where to hide." Poe called back through the communicator, the sound of his blaster guns firing echoing through the speaker as well as his voice.

The battle was vibrantly visible through the large front window of  the cruiser. Many of the TIE Fighters were trying to break through the shield and damage the exterior of the ship, but so far hadn't made it past thanks to the efforts of the resistance. It was almost like watching fireworks as fighter after fighter would explode in a painful burst of death. Shivers ran down Reys spine, and she was left to feel useless standing doing nothing on the bridge.

"With all do respect, we can't leave the cruiser unprotected. Otherwise taking down the crew ship would be pointless with nothing to return to." Finn chirped in through the communicator, flying behind Poe before splitting off to the left, following after a stray fighter that he knew was trying some form of trick.

"Finn's right, Poe. We can't leave the cruiser vulnerable." Leia responded as she narrowed her eyes, desperately trying to think of a solution. Chewie suddenly growled, stealing both Rey and Leias attention immediately.

"Are you sure?" Leia questioned cautiously. In any other situation, she would have refused, but this time they were desperate. Plus, it had worked very well at the rebel base a week or so ago.

"Let's do it. We don't have another choice." Rey rasped enthusiastically, looking to Chewie with a confident smile that they could pull this off. That seemed to be enough to convince Leia, and she gave them the nod of approval.

"May the force be with you." Rey smiled widely and nodded thanks before racing out of the room with Chewie. In the hanger, they lept onto the Falcon and started it up immediately. Chewie flew the ship out of the hanger and remained low for a moment, allowing Rey enough time to make it to the blaster on the bottom of the ship and get herself prepared.

Like bugs to lantern, all the TIE Fighters immediately spun around and raced after the Falcon. Without a second glance towards the fleet and their intentions, their main goal had just shifted without command to destroying the ship they knew as 'junk'.