+ Chapter 3 +

The air in Reys cell had grown cold throughout her time of waiting. Space was unforgiving, and she was thankful for the most part that he hadn't thrown her off the ship yet. A part of her knew that he wouldn't, not to her. But another part of her knew it was possible.

A fresh breeze slipped into the room as the door behind her hissed open. Without even looking, she could feel the dominance of Kylos presence, the way his anger surged through the force around him. It was unmistakable, and it hardly ever shifted. The thumping of his boots on the ground echoed through the small room as the door was closed once again. He made his way around to face Rey, who was looking up at the roof in an uncaring state.

"You are growing weak." Kylo said to her in what almost seemed to be a caring tone. "Tell me where Skywalker is and I'll bring you sustenance."

Rey immediately knew that there was a catch as soon as he spoke. She moved her eyes onto him and took note of that fact that his did not meet hers. They were scanning her figure, seemingly every inch of it, as though memorizing it was part of his plan. Rey scoured lightly as his eyes finally flicked up to hers, and she watched as a fraction of his anger turned to tension.

Rey remained quiet, unresponsive to Kylos apparent offer. She would not take such a foolish offer knowing only that he would use it against her. She watched his eyes scan her again, and took this chance herself to scan him. She looked at the way his black flowing robes curved around his figure purposefully. The way his hands strung together and perched at the small of his back, a straight but flawed posture guiding his head to lean forwards ever so slightly.

"What do you see?" Rey jerked her head up to his sudden comment, realizing then that he had watched her stare at him. "Tell me, Rey. What do you see?"

"I..." She was stumped for an answer, feeling red swirl into her cheeks. Was she blushing before Kylo Ren? "I could ask you the same thing." She managed to splutter out, a little more aggressively than she originally intended.

Kylo suddenly moved forward, causing Rey to jerk back on the table, pressing herself against it flat. He stood beside her, looking over her face very carefully. Every line, every mark, every freckle.

"You can't keep Skywalker from me forever." He mumbled to her, looking into her eyes deeply one more time before slowly stepping back.

For a moment, the bond of the force between them was stronger than usual outside of their odd distance connections. They both stared, compelled to one another and the secrets that they hid. Kylo wished to explore further into her deepened loneliness, while Rey craved to seek out his conflicted soul and help him fix it. Their connection was intense, and neither one noticed their bodies leaning towards one another.

A sudden bang on the door snapped both of them from their trance. Kylo blinked hard a few times, looked away in a conflicted manner, and then proceeded to the door way. Before he opened it, he paused and turned his head to look over his shoulder.

"It doesn't have to be this way." He mumbled as Rey bit her lip and leaned back.

I know she thought painfully.

The door slid open. voices and sounds pouring in from all angles. She heard Kylo leave, but felt him hesitate on closing the door. Hux was then on his tail, yelling things about a fleeing resistance. Kylo muttered something and everyone began rummaging through the ship. The door then began to close, slowly but surely. As it did, Kylo looked back into the room at the back of the table. Rey could feel his eyes on her, and felt his conflict rise again.

"Ben, wait!" She yelled, but by the time she had it was too late. The door closed and she felt her connection to him vanish.

Kylo marched down the corridor, officers and troopers separating to let him through as they didn't want to become the next item he destroyed in a fit of anger. Every inch of Reys figure swirled through his head and he was unable to concentrate on anything that the general was saying, making him agitated. Hux eventually gave up, leaving Kylo standing on the bridge to see the resistance fleeing on smaller vessels to a nearby moon. He knew immediately that they had to go down there.

He knew immediately that he would be taking Rey with him.