+ Chapter 13 +

700 views already!? Oh my god thank-you so much everyone this means the world to me! Enjoy the next chapter!

Sorry they will be spread out for a while as I have my mid-course Exams coming up for school over the next few weeks!

Thank-you for your patience :)

--

With her eyes closed and a feeling of uncertainty in her chest, Rey concentrated on the feeling of the ships engine purring beneath her feet. She didn't dare glance out the windscreen of the shuttle, the scenery of hyperspace something she was yet to get used to. She kept herself composed, however. In the presence of Kylo Ren, she had no choice but to be as brave as she could. If she let him see even a splinter of weakness, she knew it wouldn't work well in her favor.

Her figure swayed forward gently, then back as the ship left hyper speed. Not long after, Rey could feel the shuttle descending into an atmosphere. That's when she grew uncomfortable.

She peeled open her eyes, Kylos figure standing in front of her with his hands behind his back. She took a moment to examine him, how his posture was so determine and his expression so stern. She could feel his mind scampering, searching for something as the planets bright orange surface came closer and closer. She didn't know what it was he was looking for, but definitely didn't know what it had to do with Jakku.

Rey recognized the planet immediately, even from this high in the air. Although she had hardly ever seen it from a birds eye view, she knew it anyhow. The sand dunes, ship wrecks and occasional skeletons were unmistakable.

In the distance, she could see the outline of the fallen Star Destroyer that she had been exploring merely months ago. The very star ship that she had relied on so heavily for her survival. Despite its size, it always seemed stripped clean of anything useful. After all, she hadn't been the only starving scavenger in the area.

As she watched the scenery go by, she figured out exactly where they were going. To the outpost she used to call home. She immediately felt her core shake as she saw it approaching on the horizon. Her breath hitched in her throat as her muscles tensed in disbelief. She felt Kylos eyes on her soon after, looking down on her with a watchful glance and a curious expression.

Rey locked eyes with him as she felt the shuttle slow down and begin to approach for landing. Her heart was pounding, her senses swimming with awfully familiar textures. She screwed up her nose in disgust and felt her stomach sink. The shuttle had landed.

She was back on Jakku.

Kylo took a hold of her arm, his blood swimming with anxiety. He looked her up and down before taking a moment to let the ramp slide open. His breathing was uneasy as his grip on her arm grew tighter. As the sand and dust from the surface settled after being kicked up from the landing, he brought her down to the rough surface where they watched the horizon appear.

The scenery was all too familiar, making Rey's stomach churn. She felt the blood drain from her cheeks and her head lighten slightly. All this planet did was remind her of her parents, how she had been waiting so long for them. But they were nothing. She had been waiting here for nothing.

The thought of that made her feel sick.

Kylo tugged on her arm suddenly, causing her to jolt forward gently as they made their way up the sand dune before them. The subtle breeze through the air skimmed his hair, causing his eyes to stand out from the rest of his features. Rey couldn't help but stare. He took note of this, allowing the corner of his lip to curl up into what could eventually form a smile - if he was lucky enough.