+ Chapter 10 +

Convincing people to sway her way was something Rey had learnt to do in her earlier days on Jakku. It became not just an asset or skill, but a survival technique, allowing her to gain more portions or better supplies than they thought she deserved. Except the problem with this situation, was that Poe was not a simple minded scavenger from Jakku, no. He was the leading pilot in the resistance against the dark sides impending torment.

Yet, despite Poe's thick skull and his undying dedication to the resistance, Rey managed to sway his opinion. Besides, Poe couldn't refuse an offer to portray bravery and potentially save the resistance or make them better off.

Rey was proud of herself as she stood behind Poe piloting the aircraft through hyperspace.

She had convinced him to take her to meet Kylo Ren.

Finn was extremely unimpressed to say the absolute least. The mere idea of what they were heading out to do made his stomach churn. Yet, he believed in Rey more than he did his stomach.

The aircraft was silent, three minds pondering on the events to come. Rey was certain that she could get through to Kylo now, but something was different this time. The last time she went, she was confident and ready for anything. She would have fought Kylo if she absolutely had to. But this time, it was very different. Her heart was pounding faster with every second that passed. The thought of him made her breath slip and her muscles tense. Her mind was shrouded with confusion, unsure of what this sensation meant. All she knew was it was a distraction, for when she felt like this, all she could think about were Kylo Rens lips.

The ship suddenly slowed down significantly, causing the three to jolt forward lightly. In front of them now was Jakku, their agreed meeting location. Except, instead of going down to the planet, they detoured off to its closest moon.

"I hate that planet." Finn huffed under his voice, his expression stern and uncomfortable. Rey couldn't help but smile, knowing well why he disliked the ball of sand.

Poe carefully entered the moons atmosphere and made his way down to the surface. A crater lay between the lost mountains and forgotten valleys at the bottom of the moon, a ship visible in the middle of it.

They were already here.

Finn took in a sharp breath as they got closer. He could see a line of clone troopers watching their approach and it made him more unsettled than he already was. Poes expression stiffened as he landed the aircraft roughly opposite the First Orders, knowing that this wasn't the best idea he had ever agreed to.

Rey took a moment to collect her thoughts and shake Kylo away from them as much as she could. She was here to make him turn, not the other way around. The two men stood up, awaiting Reys command to open the ramp. When she nodded, the ramp slid open and she collected herself one last time.

Eyes closed.
Breath in.
Muscles relaxed.
Breath out.

With Poe and Finn closely behind her, Rey headed out of the ship with her head high and her mind straight. She stepped onto the surface of the moons crater. It was rough and coarse beneath her shoes, dust kicking up as she made her every step. Almost simultaneously, Kylo Ren made his way down the ramp of his ship in an intimidating manor. As she saw him, Reys body tensed and she felt her head begin to spin again.

As the two approached one another, Poe and Finn refused go further than a few feet away from the ship. Uncertain on how the events would unfold, they had their hands hovering cautiously over their blasters. They weren't going to go down easy.

Silence reigned over the crater as Rey and Kylo stopped before one another. He took a moment to look behind her, then back to her. She turned to see what he had looked to, and noticed how unsettled the two men had just become. She lightly but confidently nodded to Poe, who hesitantly nodded back. In his hand, he took Finns arm and dragged him back onboard the ship.

Further argument wasn't necessary, as the aircraft was out of the atmosphere faster than expected. Rey felt a chill run down her spine as she watched them leave her sight for good. She was in Kylos hands now.

She turned back to face him, meeting his conflicted and troubled eyes with her own innocent ones. He took a moment to scan her up and down, ensuring nothing seemed suspicious or out of place. She looked the same as always, and it wasn't much longer before he was helplessly lost in her eyes once more.

"You wanted to see me?" Kylos sudden question provoked Reys comfortable state. She pulled her gaze away from his and focused on her shoes for a short moment.

"I did, yes. I need to speak with you. Face to face." Her response was met with the subtle nod of his head. She could tell he had something planned, but what it was and whether it was good or not was yet to be revealed.

"Tell me, Rey." His voice was gentle, soothing to her. He took a step closer and she felt her body shudder. "What is it?"

"I want... I..." She began to doubt herself, her mind relapsing back to fear. What if he was just using her? What if he was just trapping her to make it easier for them to over throw the resistance? Suddenly, Kylo had taken a step towards her, their bodies merely inches apart. Her breath hitched in her throat as she felt his warm breath on her cheeks.

"I need your help, Rey. Will you help me?" Everything stopped. 

Rey couldn't believe her own ears. Had Kylo Ren - or should she say Ben Solo - just call out for help? She felt her heart pound and her pulse rush. The tension between them thickened as she felt his desperation blooming wildly. He grabbed her upper arm, a little more aggressively than he had intended. She took in a sharp breath and pulled her eyes up to meet his.

"Rey... Please."

"Anything, Ben." Reys voice was gentle as she spoke, scared of provoking the situation that had become. A silent tear fell down her cheek as he spoke once again.

"I need you to help me become who I was meant to be." He took a step closer as he spoke, gently cooing to her words that she never thought would leave his lips. She didn't initially think that that it was possible for them to get any closer, but there they were, chest to chest.

"It's not too late Ben. We can change the way things are! You don't have to feel trapped." She reached a hand up to his cheek, cupping it ever so gently as her gaze deepened into his.

Kylos mind was everywhere. He couldn't place his thoughts anywhere and found it beyond impossible to organize them. The threat of her lips being so close to his made his body rush with excitement, his heart pounding loudly. He craved to taste them again, craved to hold her forever more. He frowned gently to himself. This wasn't happening. He couldn't let it happen. He couldn't forget why they were here. He couldn't forget his purpose in all of this.

"Help me and I will repay you, I promise." He mumbled to her, his lips close to her ear as he sent shivers of anticipation down her spine.

Repay me? What did that mean?

"Let me help you please." She spat the words out as they stumbled on top of each other. She was blushing now. The situation making her flushed.

"Come closer..." He purred softly into her ear, his every word and breath purposeful against her skin. He took both her hands in his, holding them by her sides tightly as he felt his entire body tense up. "Let me in...."

At that exact moment, Rey awaited for his lips to meet her skin, for her breath to become one with his. She let her guard down, and not for one moment did she notice. Not for one second in that moment did she think she'd regret it.

But she did.

Before she could think twice, her hands were cuffed behind her back. Pain struck her chest as betrayal sprouted thorns in her mind. Tears slid down her cheeks, denial coating her face as she took a step back from the man she thought she had figured out.

"Ben... No, why!?" He ignored the pain in her voice and the hate in her eyes. He grabbed her arm tightly and pushed her towards the ship.

A midst Reys conflicted thoughts and confusion, a figure slipped out of the darkness of the ship. His red hair and stubborn frown was unmistakable. She knew now that there was more to this than she ever thought there would be. Hux stood at the foot of the ramp, Kylos grip on her arm tightening as a smirk curled onto the generals lips.

"Well done, Supreme Leader."