His Fire - Chapter 5

this version of the book only has 5 CHAPTERS to it. i'm saying this version because i'm going to be REVAMPING it (entirely, from chapters 1-26) and it'll be renamed as 'TEMPTATION OF HER FLAME'. the entire and completed story will be published on wattpad, and you'll be able to see it under my profile by 24TH NOVEMBER 2021. it'll have roughly the same plot without most unnecessary parts, better character, writing, and storytelling. there's NO SMUT in this book, but if it's requested on the other book, i might add a scene or two.

I never thought I would get anymore than ten reads in this story, at first, this story is just for myself to read but as time goes on, I realised I had others which is reading and in this journey with me too and I would like to say thank you so much for following the story till here!

Do listen to the song above if you feel in the groove.

Mayb follow me if ur in the groove too insta: jayzel_f

(Symphony)

VINCENZO'S POV

It has been a few days, since I have officially met Aria, who was thankfully still in my house. We did not communicate much, since the only times she comes out of my room was because she was hungry or when she wanted to explore the mansion.

I was sure Mary had told her where everything needed for the morning routine and clothes that belonged to my Sister was.

I was still trying to pick up my courage and talk to her, but every time I did, I'd stop myself and wonder if she wanted to see me at all.

I was busy signing the paper works of my company.

I read the last paperwork seriously, hoping this was rather serious compared to others such as the company rising assets.

I see the same paper works every single day, it was getting annoying, but knowing my company was on the top in town made me contented.

The door to my office slammed open as I signed the last useless paperwork and pushed it away.

"How is the girl doing?" My mother's worried voice filled the room.

"She's doing just fine, Mama." I replied.

"I'm staying at your place to cook dinner, it would be great if the young woman can join us" She said, somehow knowing that Aria was still staying in my mansion.

"I'm pretty sure she could" I said. My mother gave me a smile, before leaving my office.

I dug out my phone from deep inside my pocket and went online, knowing it has been quite awhile since I had the time.

Looking through the latest news, I instantly cringe as I saw those many photos of me and Aria.

Have she seen those? I quickly had the urge to reason out everything to her - though it really does not need much explanation.

I was already trying my best to prevent myself from swiping all the papers on my desk due to the lack of control I have remembering the matter of her being abused and having our pictures online was not helping one bit.

I stood up right after, dividing the paperwork into a few stacks, reminding myself I need to classify it into new ones later.

Inhaling a sharp breath, I shut my eyes for just a few seconds, quietly telling myself that that was all the stress I needed to handle for the week.

Then, I decided it was time I had an actual conversation with Aria.

**

I pushed opened the door, knowing well that Aria was in there. "Hey" I said, coming out rather emotionless.

"Hey.." She bit her lips before she continued, "I'm sorry about what happened a few days ago when I-"

I cut her off, having forgotten that incident already, "Its okay" My voice came out the same as before. It was hard to control my voice since my brain was siding with all the stress and the lack of sleep. I was afraid I frightened her.

"Okay." I heard her mumble under her breath. "Do you have anything I can help with? I don't like knowing I'm in a stranger's house, using their items while you are paying for all of it"

"I mean I know you are rich but at least let me do someth-" She stopped abruptly, waiting for my reply.

I really did not mind her being a guest at my place, but it seems like she's going to be bored out of her soul.

"You can go buy what you want, Fuoco, I chose to save you, you are my responsibility"

The name seems to fit her perfectly, from the moment I lay my eyes on her. It meant fire in Italian and it sounds as if the word was made just for her.

"You can't solve everything with money" She said with narrowed eyes. "You might loose it all, just like my dad. Spend it wisely" She said looking away.

"Your dad don't deserve a daughter like you," I said, but regretted right away.

"You know what he did?" she said widening her eyes. "You did a background check on me, didn't you?"

"I..."

I have never been speechless before in my whole life and it shocked me to know it was someone I barely know - which caused me to be in a loss for words.

"I'm not your everything, Vincenzo." She huffed, the way my name rolled off her tongue sounded so natural. I could tell she was not mad, instead she looked disappointed.

"You're cold" She stated, then mumbling something which I wanted to question, "And hot"

Hot?

She means your temper, My subconscious replied and mentally I rolled my eyes. I felt like I was having a argument with my brain.

"I can find my own job and get my own apartment" She said, confidently.

"How old are you?" I changed the topic, I can give her money since I had more than enough but she seemed like she would not accept it no matter how hard I begged.

"Twenty" She replied, somehow unsure.

She's just five years younger, I realized. There are so much things I want to learn about her and I do not trust background checks much.

"Cenzo!" My mother called from downstairs. I look back at Aria, who was furrowing her eyebrows.

"Let's go have dinner, Fuoco."