His Fire - Chapter 4

Thank you so much for those of you who read this story. It means so much! You guys are amazing.

Do listen to the music if it helps you relax, no one's stopping you!

 this version of the book only has 5 CHAPTERS to it. i'm saying this version because i'm going to be REVAMPING it (entirely, from chapters 1-26) and it'll be renamed as 'TEMPTATION OF HER FLAME'. the entire and completed story will be published on wattpad, and you'll be able to see it under my profile by 24TH NOVEMBER 2021. it'll have roughly the same plot without most unnecessary parts, better character, writing, and storytelling. there's NO SMUT in this book, but if it's requested on the other book, i might add a scene or two.

follow? Insta: jayzel_f

(Into you)

VINCENZO'S POV

It was absolute silence - just silence despite the clinging of glass and the crunch of food.

Accidentally dozing off beside someone I brought home was beyond embarrassing, I was taking in her features and admiring her peaceful smile while staying beside her, in my bed when I fell asleep due to my exhausting day.

What did she think of me now? Does she know me?

I looked away uncomfortably, realizing I had a gun pointed at her, thinking she was a thief - sometimes, being someone well known was difficult. Once your location is leaked, there might be people who would crowd outside your front door.

I made sure to hire two guards I could trust outside my house, but there still might be a possibility for someone to break inside my place.

She might think I'm a mafia leader, if she does not know me. I don't kill people very often anymore, but I have the same attitude from when I was a few years ago.

So I have no idea why I was being so generous.

I decide to break the thick silence, knowing for a fact that we do not have forever in this same room."Whats your name?" I tried to start a conversation.

She looked up and gave me the most breathtaking smile, "Aria Garcia" She replied. Her voice intrigued me like no other and I had an immediate urge to have her speak again.

Aria Garcia - the name was instantly registered in my head.

"I'm Vincenzo de-" I tried to introduce but I got interrupted.

"Luca" She finished my sentence. "I know you"

She sounded so natural in every sentence which escapes her lips - as if she had already memorized the words in front of the mirror multiple times. My mind was currently in a absolute mess.

"Do you live here alone?" she asked curiously, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Yes, but my parents live in the mansion next to ours," I realized my mistake almost right away when I saw her widen her eyes. "next to mine" I corrected myself.

It was a slip of my tongue, I had no intention of getting closer to her. Though I dreaded the thought of her leaving my mansion.

She nodded her head, holding the plate in her hands, then seeming clueless where to go next. That was reasonable, she does not know where the kitchen was. I mentally groaned, I really can't think straight with her in my view.

I finished my last bite and made my way over to her, taking her plate gently from her hands to the kitchen. She follows me, seeming rather reluctant for me to be the one washing the dishes.