His Fire - Chapter 3

Hey! Thanks for reading my story... This is quite a juicy chapter

 this version of the book only has 5 CHAPTERS to it. i'm saying this version because i'm going to be REVAMPING it (entirely, from chapters 1-26) and it'll be renamed as 'TEMPTATION OF HER FLAME'. the entire and completed story will be published on wattpad, and you'll be able to see it under my profile by 24TH NOVEMBER 2021. it'll have roughly the same plot without most unnecessary parts, better character, writing, and storytelling. there's NO SMUT in this book, but if it's requested on the other book, i might add a scene or two.

Follow me on instagraaam? jayzel_f

(Faded)

VINCENZO'S POV

"Cenzo, it has been so long since you've decided to come out and shop with Mama," My mother chirped happily.

It really has been long, I've been so caught up with everything in work, I didn't have time for my own family.

"How is dad?" I asked her, I heard from my sister that he has been smiling more.

My mother loved talking about dad, she always has things to say about him, her stories about their first encounter and the moments she shares with him are always so... beautiful. It makes me want to get into an actual relationship.

Just then, a beautiful brunette rushed past, I caught a glimpse of the woman's face and almost forgot how to breathe, but I couldn't help but notice that she looked in severe pain.

My mother shifted her eyes from the woman to me.

"I know that look..." She said teasingly, as if she knew what I was thinking about. I looked away and gave her a sheepish smile.

"I don't even know her, Mama" I said, about to change the topic when I heard a thud from behind us. We turned to see the brunette, looking lifeless and utterly helpless on the floor.

I rushed to her without thinking twice. I didn't know exactly why I wanted to save her, but it honestly wasn't right to ignore a woman who suddenly passes out in the streets of town. I carried her bridal style as I head for my car. Phoning the police seemed to be the last thing in mind in the moment.

I willingly let my Mother checked the brunette's pulse, knowing she was a certified doctor.

"Shes alive, but her pulse is going too fast for her own good," She concluded with a frown.

"Cenzo, what are you doing?!" She gasped, but made no move to stop me as I brought her into the car, ignoring the calls of the reporters.

My blue Lamborghini stood there in all its glory, but unfortunately it was made for just two passengers. With a annoyed groan, I could only dangerously place her beside me, in a tight spot. "I can't leave her in the middle of the street" I said, as if It was an obvious answer and watched as my Mother scrambled to the passenger's seat.

Hopefully no one thinks I am kidnapping her, but I'm pretty sure it will be all over the internet.

I groaned and looked at the woman behind my seat. She looked so troubled, yet so peaceful in the same time.

I sped up my car, craving for rest.

**

ARIA'S POV

Soft.

The atmosphere in this room was warm and comfortable. I was quick to realise that I was not in my own room, the sheets were too soft. It has been forever since I slept well.

Memories of my current state suddenly flooded my mind as I remembered the fact that I have escaped and everything might possibly be in the past.

I stretched to hands to feel something hard, I opened my eyes instantly, and to my horror, there was a guy beside me.

Did they catch up with me? Was I not far enough?

For a moment, I thought I escaped.

I could only remember climbing out of my window and running - for such long distance, I ended up in the busy streets of town. It was only until I felt hot tears running down my cheeks when I realized I was crying.

I need to get out of here...

I quietly sat down and left the terribly soft bed, I still had the terrible headache that had not left me the entire day.

I left the room and was left dumbfounded, the house was so huge, it was unbelievable someone would live in here.

I walked down the stairs as quiet as a mouse, but the plan I had in mind completely shattered when a woman, who looked in her forties notice me.

"Ms..." the woman paused.

"Aria Garcia" I told her my name. She gave me a polite smile, the wrinkles appearing beside her eyes.

"What a lovely name, Mr. de Luca said he would be glad if you could stay till afternoon"

Mr. de Luca?

I felt lifeless, like I was a walking dead. I was too exhausted to cry anymore, the load in my chest had me want to stop breathing.

I couldn't feel anything, just pain and the urge to close my eyes and let darkness consumes me.

I nodded my head to her question, and she smiled for the last time before leaving.

I really did not want to stay, but it's not like I have anywhere to go anyway. My mind wandered to what she just called him.

Mr. de Luca.

What a coincidence, I was just reading about Vincenzo de Luca a few hours ago. It couldn't be him because why would he bring me in?

I saw the back of his body and he didn't strike to look any like the two man before. Somehow, that news made my heart lighter.

I decided to go upstairs and take a closer look at his face.

**

I opened the wooden door and stepped in the room. The walls were black and white, there was a television I did not notice earlier, a wardrobe and a whole lot of cabinets which made the room modern.

This person must be loaded!

I got so caught up with the environment I forgot there was someone sleeping. Curiously, I lean forward to have a closer look at the man's features.

Upon recognizing the man, I gasped, waking him up by accident, I looked at the man again to confirm the statement.

His eyes peeled open. I tried to calm myself down and move out of the room, but I was frozen - rooted from the ground and unable to move.

"I accidentally fell asleep" he groaned, muttering to himself before looking at the empty space on the bed beside him before spitting out a string of curses.

I was about to silently exit the room since he had yet to notice me, when his eye caught mine.

"Who are you?" He said, narrowing his eyes and reaching under the pillow to grab something I could not quite see in the dark. I squinted my eyes, taking a moment to realize what he was doing.

He had a gun pointed at me! My jaw dropped, widening my eyes at his actions, ready to dash out the door when I reminded myself who exactly I was talking to.

Him.

He is Vincenzo de Luca!

His light blue eyes looking deep into my brown ones. He seemed to recognize who I was as he swiftly lowered the gun and slide it back under his pillow.

I shifted uncomfortably, he must have noticed, since he broke our eye contact and looked everywhere but me. There was a long pause, which caused an unwelcoming tension to stir within me.

"How about you stay for lunch?" he asked awkwardly, running his hands through his hair.