|30| Marry You |30|

It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes, or is it this dancing juice
Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you

I walk through the supermarket and grab some snacks. Jake and I are staying at the Cullen's to protect Nessie.

Alice and Jasper disappeared. Literally just disappeared, almost out of thin air. Edward and Bella are traveling the world, trying to find other vampires to help us protect Nessie from the Volturi.

I genuinely hate being in a house full of vampires. It smells bad, there's a huge lack of food, all my instincts are going wild because I want to attack the leeches but I can't.

After I check out and pay, I drive home. I have to hold back tears when I drive past Paul's house.

Paul is my soulmate in a non imprint way, in a best friend way. Like I was destined to be best friends with him.

Knowing that I'll have to possibly attack him is like stabbing me in the gut. I can't handle it. My chest tightens and I can't breathe. I start hyperventilating. I park my car on the side of the road, ripping my clothes off in the protection of the forest and phase, running, running until I don't know where I am.

I howl, a heart broken howl and keeping running. I'm probably somewhere in Canada by now.

Eventually my wolf is exhausted. I have to stop running.

"Babygirl what's going on?" Jake asks me through mind link.

I just sob, not being able to talk.

"Little one I need you to tell me where you are, I'll come find you." He says calmly, "Deep breathes, just tell me where you are."

"I don't know." I say in between pants.

"Okay go as close as you can to the highways and look at the sign, okay?" He says, calmly directing me.

I walk to the side of the road, staying low so cars didn't see me as they drove by.

I look at the sign, "Alberta."

"Okay stay there, stay low, don't phase back. I'll be there as soon as I can." He tells me.

"Okay." I whisper.

I curl up in the thick of some trees. It's cold, dead of winter and I'm not a real wolf, I don't have the body temperature.

I'm curled up in a ball, tail covering my noise. It's cold as balls but I'm okay. The cold really doesn't bother me that much.

Some leaves crunch behind me and I'm up in a second, ready to run because I'm probably too tired to attack.

Jake's giant alpha form steps out from the cover of the trees. I let out a huge breath that I didn't know I was holding.

I walk up to him and collapse against his chest.

"It's okay, you're safe now." He says, "Let's phase back."

"I don't have clothes." I whisper.

"Good thing I do." He says cheekily, "Shark Boy, remember?"

I shift back and pull the clothes out of the duffel Jake brought.

He watches me silently after shifting back. He brought jeans and a hoodie for himself. Thank goodness he brought warm clothes for me.

Jake pulls a beanie over my head and kisses my forehead afterwards

Jake pulls a beanie over my head and kisses my forehead afterwards. I grab his hand and keep him close to me. Holding on for dear life because he is the only thing that I know for sure that I'll have forever.

We find a hotel and check in. I sit on the bed and pull my knees to my chest, shivering. It started snowing while we were looking for a hotel.

Jake turns up the heat, "Let's get you out of those clothes."

He sends me a small smile, I nod and strip, leaving my underwear on.

Jake strips also, then pulling me into the bed with him. I bury my head in his neck, breathing in his scent.

Thank goodness for his temperature, I curl up as closely as I can.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you more."

"No Ellie, I love you." I emphasize, "I know you're my imprint but holy shit, you're my entire world. I want you forever."

"You have me forever, you know that." I assure him.

"Marry me."

I sit straight up, "What?"

"Marry me." He smiles, "I'm serious. Edward and Bella were engaged this time last year. We can wait until after graduation just like them. Why hold off until we're older? You're my everything. I see you and my world gets brighter. Let's get married. I can go get a ring if it makes it more real to you."

I smile, tears streaming down my face, "Yes, I want to marry you. I want to marry you now. I want to be with you forever and ever."

Jake smiles ever wider if it was even possible and grabs me, kissing me all over.

I shriek and laugh, "We're getting married!"

"We're getting married!" Jake yells.

"Shut up!" Someone from the room next door yells and bangs on the wall.

Jake and I just laugh even harder. We spend the night cuddling and whispering "we're getting married" to each other.

I don't think my grin is ever going to go away.