|19| Relationship Problems |19|

You and I go hard at each other like we're going to war
You and I go rough, we keep throwing things and slamming the door
You and I get so damn dysfunctional, we start keeping score
You and I get sick, yeah I know that we can't do this no more

But baby there you go again, there you go again, making me love you
Yeah I stopped using my head, using my head, let it all go
Got you stuck on my body, on my body like a tattoo

This song is literally perfect for this chapter. Im so proud of myself

Ellie:

Jake and I phase back before we get to Sam's and put our clothes on.

Jake won't talk to me. He's pissed that I ignored him.

"Jake." I call and he ignores me, "Jake!" I yell louder.

"What Ellie?!" He snaps.

"Seriously? You're mad at me because I protected you from a bear!" I snap at him.

"Do you realize how dumb that was?" He yells, "Damnit Ellie! I thought you were past your phase of being reckless!"

"You're just butt hurt because I saved your ass! I mean how crazy is that? The shifter who isn't a real wolf saved you! On top of it, I'm a girl! Call the 1950s' because they want their misogyny back!" I yell at him.

"Enough you two." Sam snarls.

We both glare at each other and walk to the house with the rest of the pack.

We all eat breakfast that Emily made, it's awkward because Jake and I won't even look at each other and everyone else doesn't know what to do with that.

"Embry can you take me home?" I text him.

"Jake's going to be pissed." He replies.

"Please. We need a break from each other."

"Fine but you're telling him."

"C'mon Ellie. Let's go or are you going to ignore me again?" Jake says, trying to get under my skin.

"Embry is taking me home." I tell him firmly.

"What?" He growls.

"We need a break from each other. I don't want to reach the point of no return and say something I really regret." I tell him through my teeth.

"Fine." He snaps.

"Fine." I mimic.

Embry and I leave and he drops me off at home. We don't talk in the car. I think he feels bad for me.

"Ellie!" Bella says when I walk into the house, pulling me into a hug, "How was your first patrol?"