|21| Stay Safe |21|

I'm bleeding out
Said if the last thing that I do
Is to bring you down
I'll bleed out for you
So I bear my skin
And I count my sins
And I close my eyes
And I take it in
And I'm bleeding out
I'm bleeding out for you

Ellie:

I phase in the forest and follow Paul. Jake and I don't go on patrol together because it makes us want to kill each other. Paul leads the way and I follow him a few steps behind.

"We're getting close to the Cullen territory

"We're getting close to the Cullen territory." Paul tells me through the weird mind-talking thing.

I nod my head. Then I smell something so sweet that it actually burns my nose. I bury my muzzle in my paws and whine.

"Cullen's." Paul growls, walking forward.

I begrudgingly follow him even though my nose burns. We get to the edge of our border and see Bella with Edward on their side.

I sit down and whine. I hate Edward but there's nothing I can do about it.

Bella waves at me and smiles. I just turn around and walk the other direction. Paul and I patrol for a few more hours before heading back to Sam's. I phase back and go inside the house. Jake is sitting on the sofa so I sit next to him, resting my feet on his lap.

"So I learned why we hate vampires today." I tell Jake.

"Oh really?" He raises an eyebrow and smiles.

"Those fuckers smell like a 15 year old boy who just discovered after-shave." I tell him.

Jake closes his eyes and tilts his head back, howling in laugher.

"Swan! Black! Get in here!" Emily yells.

We walk into the kitchen and stand by the counter.

"Jacob, you peel potatoes. Ellie, you make the salad. Go!" She bosses us.

While we're making dinner, Sam yells out for help. Everyone runs outside. There's red-eyed vamps surrounding Sam and Paul. I run and phase mid-air.

"Be careful Ellie." Jake says to me through mind link.

I nod and follow his lead, jumping on the back of a leech.