Chapter Fourteen: The Preparation

Start from the beginning

"Okay, I'll just be heading now," Audrey said . "I'll be back soon." She had forty-five minutes left. She spent fifteen minutes trying to convince Alexis to come with her to Taco Bell. Well for her, she didn't think it was a waste of time. She was just concern about her. It isn't so hard to ask a person how they're doing.

Well, for some it might have been a waste of their time. If the person didn't want to go, never mind about them. You don't want to be persuading someone to something they're not interested in.

She just continued on with her lunch break, feeling the loneliness while stuffing tacos and sipping a can of soda through her mouth.

***

While others worked hard for the Fashion Show, Jacob sat in his office sitting in his chair putting his hand on his chin. He looked like he had a brain fart or was he trying to pose like the Thinker? Well, he was trying to look busy so no one would accuse him of being an obnoxious boss.

With his buddy, Evan, they pretended to talk about serious matters.

"So..." Evan sat up from his leaning position.

Jacob was sitting at his desk with a pen in his hand. "So..." he said and put the pen behind his ears.

Evan chuckled and sat on Audrey's desk. "So things look pretty busy out there."

"Isn't it obvious?" Jacob said in irritation. "What are you here for anyways?"

"Ah. Great way to greet a friend huh?" Evan sat on his chair leaning against his back. "I'm here to sit on this chair. It's really comfortable."

"Seriously?"

"No. I mean this chair is really-really- comfortable," Evan exclaimed and notice a red cushion supported the steel, cold chair. "I mean this person is brilliant! It has a cushion labeled A.W. This person really knows me well. A.W. totally knows how much I hate metal, steel chair. It keeps my ass from turning cold as ice."

"Woah, Evan! Don't go on and seduce the cushion with you ass now. If you love that much, ask A.W. if you can keep it."

Evan was laughing senselessly on the cushioned chair. "Who's A.W. anyways?"

"Audrey," Jacob groaned.

"Oh, Audrey. Is it Ward?" asked Evan with enthusiasm.

"Yes, Evan. It's Ward," Jacob said sternly.

"The beast who turned into the beauty," Evan said with a wink.

"Shut up Evan!" Jacob tried saying in a serious tone.

"Oh, c'mon mate! I know you want a smile. I see your cheeks heating up."

"Evan, there is no time for games and fun. I'm focused on my work. This show is in two days," he said with a hostile face.

"Way to kill the fun Mr. Killjoy. I bet you a million bucks that you're still hung up with Alexis," Evan snorted.

Jacob winced and rolled his eyes. "Hung up!?! How can I be so hung up on her? She's engaged and besides she looks loopy in love with Justin. He's more like a Justin Bieber look alike to me."

"That's why you have Audrey! Aren't you pretending to be in a relationship with her?"

"Yeah, for a play."

"Because of Alexis. Isn't it. You're still that crazy for her?"

"I'm not crazy for her!" Jacob barked.