Part 8

Shawn's POV

When I finally found  (Y/N) I was so relieved. She had gone out for a walk and didn't come back for a while. I decided to go look for her and when I found Dustin and his "dog" I thought I'd finally found her. When Dustin said that he hadn't seen her I started to give up hope. It wasn't until I heard (Y/N) that my hope came back. I almost ran over to Dustin and fell to my knees to see (Y/N).

"(Y/N), are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine," she said sarcastically.

"Do I need to call an ambulance?" I asked worried.

"No. No hospital runs," (Y/N) said.

"Can you stand?" I asked.

"I can try," (Y/N) said starting to get up.

"Here, let me help," I said letting her put her arm on my shoulder.

"Thank you," (Y/N) said.

"You're welcome," I said.

"No, seriously," (Y/N) said. "If you didn’t arrive when you did, I would have more than a couple of bruises."

"From now on, I won't let you go anywhere alone," I said. "Does that sound okay?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) said.

After that, (Y/N) and I made our way to the house.

"OMG! (Y/N) are you okay?!" Aaliyah asked.

"I'm fine," (Y/N) mumbled.

"Come on (Y/N), let's get you to my room," I said.

"Okay," she said resting her head on my shoulder as we walked.

When we got to my room I laid her on the bed.

"Thanks again, Shawn," (Y/N) said.

"You're welcome," I said. "Now, get some sleep."

I was about to walk out of the room to go tell my mom what happened when I heard  (Y/N).

"Can you stay?" She asked. "Please?"

"Yeah," I said walking back over to the bed. I sat next to  (Y/N) and pet her hair until she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While (Y/N) was asleep, I went downstairs to tell my mom what happened to (Y/N).

"What happened to (Y/N)?" My mom asked as soon as I got downstairs.

"She kinda sorta got beaten up," I said.

"By who?" My mom asked.

"Her ex," I said. "But don't worry, I won't let it happen again."

"I hope it doesn't happen again," my mom said. "(Y/N) might have been here for a day but I can tell that she's a keeper. Don't let anything happen to her that could make you lose her."

"I know," I said. "And don't worry about me losing her because I will fight for her until every bone in my body is broken just to protect her."