Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

George Weasley.

For once, Aubrey's crush had actually worked in their favour, her head turning instantly as George walked past the end of the corridor. Although he'd inexplicably felt a slight pang of irritation, it reminded him of something, the fact that his brother had been taking care of Ludo the whole time.

Despite George's witty, laidback appearance, a trait both he and Fred shared, George took a lot of care in planning things whether it was bets or blackmail and if he was sending letters to Ludo, he knew his stuff. The question now was how to get that necessary information out of him, but he felt that was easy enough too. George was very much aware of his presence so talking to him wouldn't be suspicious and if all else, he could simply just announce that him and Aubrey were going to the dance together and leave.

"Aubrey, where are you going?" Lexy asked as Fred stood up from their table in the Great Hall, a small smile on his face. He'd planned it perfectly, Aubrey, Lee and Angelina would all be in lessons leaving George by himself. Of course, he'd forgotten Lexy had a free too but once she'd heard his excuse, she wouldn't be stopping him.

"I've decided to talk to George," He replied, grinning as Lexy's quill clattered onto the table.

"What... What? Oh my God, you're pulling my leg! When you promised you'd do it, we thought that meant you wouldn't..."

Fred shrugged, "I guess I'm getting bored of Fred now. Besides George is the one I fancy so I figured why not."

Lexy didn't say anything, her mouth agape so Fred decided to be even more annoying and close it for her, "Try to wait at least ten minutes before you interrupt Angela's lesson to let her know, alright? Later, girlfriend."

As he walked away, he decided the 'girlfriends' needed work, they were way too sassy for the Aubrey he knew.

Fred didn't need the Marauders map to find his brother, mainly because George usually spent his frees either in the Gryffindor common room, outside or just pottering about the halls, usually near Filch's office. George turned out to be in the Gryffindor tower but Fred remembered the passwords and although the Fat Lady had several complaints, she couldn't actually stop him from entering.

Once inside, Fred made a beeline for his dorm room and sure enough, George was lurking there, hunched over a piece of paper.

"George Weasley? I need to speak to you."

George looked up, his brow furrowing for a brief moment before relaxing again, completely unfazed by the sudden appearance of a Hufflepuff in his room, "Morning, Aubrey, did you have a nice walk here? The stairs can be quite treacherous."

Fred smirked slightly, "Aren't you surprised to see me in the Gryffindor boys dorm? Or curious about what I'm doing here?"

For a moment, George was silent, before grinning again, "No, not really. In fact, I thought you'd pop up sooner, if we're being honest here. I mean, me and Freddy, we're a package set, you can't spend every waking moment with one and then ignore the other so it's about time."

"Ah..." Fred couldn't help but snigger slightly, "Sorry about taking my time?"

"I forgive you," George replied, turning over the paper he was working on. The casualness of which George addressed him, made him feel like everything was normal for a second before a few loose curls tickled his cheeks and he remembered he still looked like Aubrey.

George lay back, "So, what can I help you with? Here to ask about Fred, 'cos I can probably answer a few of your questions before we start. Yes, he is single, no, he's not got a date to the dance and yes, he is a twit and I am the hot twin but we can look past that."