Chapter 6 - Sunset in the woods

LOST would be the best word to describe Anne's current state. She was lost , although she did not want to admit it.
She kept telling herself that she had time but she didn't realize she had been walking for hours , she got too enraptured by everything around her and she made too many stops to admire every single detail of her surroundings. She only realized how long has she been out when she saw the golden sun heading for sleep.
And the worst , oh the worst is that she had not found the Fields of Fire. Not even a glimpse of them. She wanted to continue her search, too stubborn (not her proudest trait) to stop now after all the walking. They couldn't be that far away now , could they? But , Marilla and Matthew must be terribly worried! I best go back , she thought. Only there was another problem , she didn't know the road back either.
She messed up , she messed up badly. If only she had listened to Diana and went
back with her , this wouldn't have happened. Oh poor Marilla and Matthew! she thought , the fields of fire , whatever beauty they hold , they are hardly worthy of Marilla and Matthew's concern. She felt extremely guilty and frightened, cursing her stubbornness that got her here in the first place. She could see the sky darkening each minute more and more. She was terrified!!!
She had to make a choice , either go back in the dark and try to find her way back home or walk forwards in the hopes of finding any kind soul that could help her. Both seemed extremely dangerous ,but she decided to walk forwards.
It was getting extremely cold too and she did not have any coat with her. She decided to speed up a bit , although she could feel her feet tremendously tired.
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. 
Until she finally heard Something.
She heard some voices that seemed very far away but it was enough to give her comfort and hope.  All she could see in front of her was big trees and branches everywhere and at this point it had darkened a lot. It's not pitch black yet, she confronted herself. She was following the voices that sounded like whispers , she could not understand any word , it was like hearing someone talk underwater. So she decided to yell for help. She kept running and yelling for help for at least five minutes until...
"Anne!!" someone called her from the behind , the voice clear and sharp.
She turned around..

__________________

A/N
This chapter gave me anxiety , I felt what Anne was feeling when she had to make a choice to go forward or go back. 
ALSO ITS HAPPENING , its Happening! EVERYBODY STAY CALM!!!   LOL