Chapter Thirteen

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Thirteen

Lexi’s POV

The sun had set as Mase and I still sat underneath the tree in my favorite park. We talked about everything and as it started to get colder we decided it was best we both went home. He draped his arm over my shoulder and steered us in the direction of our house.

"Thank you for everything," I said to Mason.

"You don't need to thank me for anything."  He said. "I would do anything for you."

I entered the house bypassing Michelle and Matthew who sat worriedly in the living room and headed straight for my room. Right now, I just want to go to sleep.

“By the way Al, I dumped Paige.” Mase said before entering his room and leaving me standing in front of my closed door. I rolled my neck, effectively cracking it before stepping into my room only to face Tristan sprawled out on my bed.

“Hi.” He said sitting up from my bed and motioning for him to take a seat next to him which I denied and stayed standing in front of him.

“Hey.”

“What was that at dinner?” he asked. “Why did you freak out like that and storm out of there? I thought it was going fine before you threw a tantrum.”

“What no ‘how are you’ or ‘are you alright’ or ‘where have you been for the last three hours’? Were we not at the same dinner, did you not hear what she said?” I took a deep breathe trying to keep calm before I say something I shouldn’t.

“Of course I heard what she said, but you over reacted. You didn’t even tell me your father was dead. How could you have not told me?” he questioned his eyes locked on mine.

“We’ve known each other for less than a week. I’m sorry if I didn’t want to dump all my problems on you. And for your information you don’t know anything that has gone on between me and Paige—“

“Because you won’t tell me.” He said loudly, standing up from his spot on my bed and walking towards me, taking my upper arms in his hands and squeezing, not hard enough to hurt but hard enough so I felt them. “You won’t tell me anything.”

“That doesn’t mean you have to take Paige’s side, you’re my boyfriend, you’re supposed to be on my side.”

“I’m not taking any sides and frankly I don’t see why you hate Paige so much. When Mason left to chase after you she was actually nice. I think you were so jealous that she was with Mason that you didn’t want to see her for what she really is.”

“For what she really is?” I spat. “You’ve known her a couple hours, not even a day Tris, and she’s already got your wrapped around her little finger. I’ve known her for years Tristan and I know how she really is.”

“Well she was nothing but nice to me when—“

“When Mason came after me instead of you!” I shouted ripping his hands from my arms. “You’re supposed to be my boyfriend. You’re supposed to be the one there for me. Do you know what it feels like to hope that your boyfriend comes after you but find your best friend there instead and now to only realize he was too busy with the girl I hate most? She’s a bitch Tristan; you don’t know her like I do.”

“Don’t call her a bitch, she told me what happened between the two of you.” I shut my mouth instantly. “She told me everything and frankly I think you both are being extremely childish to let something as stupid as that come between you.”