Chapter 29 ▪ Moments

"Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path."

~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 29

Manik was in his room, resting on his bed. He had a smile on his face while thinking of Nandini's reaction to Suhasi suggesting a vacation.

He sighed and got up from his bed. He marched out towards the living room, only to find Aditya sitting on the couch, talking on the phone. He was whistling as if singing a song for someone..

He rolled his eyes before sitting next to him. He understood it must be some random girl whom he was talking with.

He gestured Aditya to cut the call and that he had to ask him something. Aditya disconnected the call reluctantly.

"What is it Manik? Bro. I couldn't even say goodnight to her.." He complained as he took the water bottle which was placed on the side table and drank it.

"Chuck it! I need to ask something." He said, having a serious look to which Aditya nodded, still drinking the water.

"I want to go on a trip with a girl. Please recommend a place for me.."

Aditya choked as soon as Manik said and stared at him in incredulity.

"Recommend me a good place for a romantic get-away.. I need to know. urmm.. what do you do when you go on a trip with a woman??" He asked - being curious.

"You play games and all that?" He laughed a bit, "What is it that a woman likes? You were whistling on the phone earlier. Err..would girls like that?" Manik bit his lip, waiting for an answer but Aditya was in shock, The gigolo in this friendship was currently asking him for the simplest of dating advice, like he had never entertained a girl before. He did nothing other than staring at him and this definitely irked him.

"Am asking you a question!"

"Have you gone crazy?" Aditya finally opened his mouth, "Who are you asking these questions to? You're the expert when it comes to women!!" He chuckled.

"What's with that face? I didn't crack any joke!" Manik frowned- getting annoyed with his buddy's behaviour.

"You're being really serious??" He asked in a higher tone.

"Yes." Came Manik's reply.

"Hmm. Are you asking because you want to go on a trip with Nandini?" He asked, Manik nodded afterwards. somewhere Aditya finally understood that Manik's trepidation came from this being his first "true" relationship.

He was happy that atleast, he was going to give the poor girl his time.

"I see.. that's why you're acting like this is your first time..!" He grinned,

"Just do what you did with Vishni. I mean, how you spent time with her and all stuffs..."

Manik smiled faintly before replying, "I don't remember that. I'm serious. I don't remember anything about how I dated Vishni." He sighed. He admitted that he didn't remember what he did with Vishni when they were together. He didn't want to look in the past again. He wanted to start fresh, a new start, with Nandini.

The next morning, Nandini woke up, she stretched her hands, still yawning. She gently opened her eyes in irritation as the sunlight was disturbing her.