28

The blanket consumed Dylan. Her eyes watched the computer screen as the episode of Attack on Titan played. She had fallen back into her normal routine of sitting alone in her room watching anime and youtube ever since Austin basically ditched her. To say that she missed him would be an understatement. 

Dylan constantly thought of the boy. 

What was he doing right now? If they were still hanging out, what would they be doing together? Who was the girl he was with before? Was she more than just a friend? Did she affect his friendships with the boys? Would he ever talk to her again? Would he have ever cared about her as much as she cared about him? 

The same questions ran through the girl's brain and she felt like she would never have answers. 

Slowly but surely, Dylan's room had grown darker indicating that evening had come. The entirety of the introvert's day was spent in her room. Occasionally she would venture out to get food, but other than that she just hung out, missing Austin. 

A soft knock on her bedroom door alarmed the girl away from the computer screen. "Yeah?" she called out not bothering to get out of her warm cocoon. Brandon's head popped into view.

"Hey, just checking to see that you're not dead." His voice carried a teasing tone, but the brother was seriously worried. Ever since the girl started to have problems with Austin, he saw his little sister crumple back into this depressed introverted girl. It slightly worried him. His best friend really impacted Dylan's life. And the two hadn't even dated. They were just friends. 

"I'm not," she said nonchalantly. She had only made brief eye contact before looking back at her show. His sister didn't even have to tell him to leave, Brandon got the hint. 

He returned to his bedroom in a matter of seconds. Having nothing better to do, he pulled out his phone to post on snapchat. Just as he was about to press 'send to story', a text notification caught his eye.

Meet us outside.

Brandon crawled out of his bed and walked out to the front yard. 

Outside, Austin and Edwin stood with a packet of beads and Edwin's painting. "What are you doing here?" Brandon's eyebrows raised. He didn't know why his best friends were here. It didn't make sense, but as he looked over to the painting the pieces clicked. 

"Is she home?" Austin asked. His voice was filled with desperation. The brother stared at the golden-haired boy. He cared about his little sister a lot. The image of her curled up in her bed flashed through Arreaga's mind. This was important. 

"Go for it," Brandon whispered over to his best friend.

Austin basically sprinted to the girl's window. He stared up at it. From the closed blinds, he could barely see the dimmed light which he knew came from the fairy lights. He looked at his side. Edwin held up his thumbs. A giant grin spread across his face. Porter's stomach twisted in knots. He took in a deep breathe.

The first bead hit Dylan's window.