- Five -

You weren't sure where Ayato took you, but at least the place was clean. Confusion rang through your mind as he opened the door to a small first-floor apartment, but the interior reminded you more of a shop than an apartment.

It felt out of place for you, someone who was dirtied by fighting and tracking your aggressive companion, to step into a cool, white-washed room. White linoleum-tile floors were dotted with specks of sparkling black, and a long kiosk-bar with a fridge behind it lay near the end of the room. To the left of your sight, in the back, was a white, metal spiral staircase that led the way up a floor and down a floor. The lights of the room were bright and white, and booths filled the space on either side of the entranceway. Large windows filled the walls in the booths, and a leather seat claimed seating spots. Curtains lined up in front of the seats to provide some privacy, although you weren't sure what help that would have been, since the windows looked out onto the street.

Several large work areas were spread along the sides of the room, but there was still enough room provided the equipment and tables to provide a large walking area. Upon closer inspection, the tables and equipment that lined the sides of the room were what seemed like fashion-design table, but nothing lay on the top. It was barren, as if the user had never used it. What interested you the most was embedded in the walls were glass cases, and they held the strangest things.

Each glass case had a head model inside, black and holding some unique mask or hat. Every other glass case had a white mannequin, each fitted with magnificent suits, outfits, and what seemed to look like special armor.

The bar in the back had several facial mirrors atop its frosted glass top, and you were afraid to even look at what was through the glass top. Above the bar on the wall was a framed banner, in simple font and a logo on it. The banner read something in a foreign language that you didn't understand, combined with the logo some Bird silhouette.

You were uncomfortable, contrary to Ayato, who seemed to be annoyed, but acting as if he knew the place well.

Despite the cleanliness and organization of the place, you found it a bit... suspicious. Shady, informally. The air stank of nothing; it was perfectly clean air. But perhaps too clean. You couldn't scent out any other beings in the area besides just you and Ayato. Something was up.

Ayato, on the other hand, was calling something out. "Shithead! Asshat shithead, get your goddamn fucking ass out here," he cursed loudly, attempting to grab someone's (or something's) attention.

You frowned as he called out. "Kirishima, what exactly are you doing?" You questioned, your fingers twitching into a fist out of habit. "There doesn't seem to be anyone here," you pointed out. "We should be moving."

To your surprise, the lion-maned male shook his head. "No, I know she's here," he hissed to himself. "If she could only come out when she's called..." He hissed, beginning to pace the room.

[Hair Color] eyebrows knitted together even more, and you pursed your lips. "Who, exactly?"

Ayato didn't answer your question. "God-fucking-dammit," he cursed again, and you give him a blunt glare -- not that he noticed. "Fine," he sighed, a noisy and irksome-sounding one. "Get the hell out here.... Kanon."

Kanon? You thought to yourself, identifying the word as a name. "Who's Kanon--?"

"Ah, it wouldn't hurt for you to call me by my name every now and then, would it, Ayato-kun?" A voice singsonged out of nowhere.

Instantly, you were alert. Due to the voice having no source, you were now on fully on edge, your kakugan appearing and replacing your regular [Eye Color] orbs. You sniffed the air, suspicion trailing into your thoughts again.