Chapter 55: Christmas Part Three

Start from the beginning

Frisk came by and took a seat next to Sans.

"Hello!" They greeted with their usual bubbly tone.

They sounded slightly sleepy and tired, but who could blame them.

It literally was 1 AM.

"hey, kiddo." Sans ruffled their hair.

"Hey, Frisk." Grillby waved after.

"Thanks for the cool gift! I love to draw! With this, I can draw Papyrus in his new golden scarf and hilarious t-shirt!" They giggled, covering their mouth with their small hands.

"oh definitely." Sans chuckled.

"he'd love that."

"Mom and Dad said I could stay over for a few weeks, if that's fine by you. Also, I have a surprise for you!~" Frisk informed.

"that's great! and what surprise may that be?" Sans curiously asked.

"We're moving back here! The construction of the school is finally complete!!" Frisk announced.

Sans' face radiated a tremendous joy.

Grillby and Sans looked at each other, then back at Frisk.

"kiddo! that's great!!" Sans exclaimed brightly.

"Indeed it is!" Grillby nodded.

Bouncing with joy, Frisk got up and hugged the couple.

"have you told papyrus?" Sans asked happily.

"Nope! But I'm about too!" Frisk asserted, running off upstairs to look for the other skeleton of the house.

"See you!!" They shouted before disappearing around the corner.

"i missed them..." Sans heaved.

"I can tell." Grillby softly laughed, rubbing Sans' shoulder.

Sans laid back on the seat and tilted his head back with exasperation.

"Is anything wrong?" Grillby questioned with concern.

"no... well... yeah...? i don't really know..."

"Okay. Tell me about it." Grillby scooted closer, wrapping an arm around Sans.

"i kinda feel like... trash... for giving such a shitty gift." Sans revealed.

Grillby's heart warmed.

'He's too precious.'

"I actually needed sweatpants though." He tried to console.

"heh."

"Have in mind I still haven't even given you the gift." Grillby reminded.

"oh yeah. what was it?" Sans remembered, causing him to feel an overwhelming curiously.

"It's a surprise." Grillby teased.

"but you said that last time." Sans groaned, making Grillby laugh at his silliness.

"that's not fair!" Sans playfully pouted, leaning his skull on Grillby's shoulder.

"It is considering the amount of times you've placed a damn whoopie cushion on my seats." Grillby said.

"okay but you gotta admit. those jokes so far have been gold." Sans snorted.

The sound of heels clacking against the wooden floor approaching from behind made the two monsters turn around.

It was none other than Freya, Grillby's mother.

She was holding mistletoe above them, a slight smirk on her face.

"Ooh! Young boys, do not mind me. Move on, move. I'm just aiding love to flourish with the beauty of the Christmas spirit's ornaments." She elucidated with her fancy, yet so very soft accent.

"Um... Oh... Mother... Ughh...." Grillby began blushing.

"Yes my dear?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I appreciate your help but it's... a little embarrassing..."

"Oh! Of course it is. Hold on a second. Ignatius!!" She called, taking a piece of tape and securing it on the mistletoe.

"Yes Freya?" Ignatius responded, peeking his head into the living room.

"Would you be a sweetheart and help me tape this above the two love birds?" She politely asked.

"Of course!" Ignatius exclaimed, mysteriously already having a ladder in hand and placing it firmly under the spot.

The old elemental took the mistletoe, climbed up the ladder, and taped it.

"Perfect!" Freya grinned, her yellow flame lighting up a lighter shade.

"Let's go!" She gracefully walked away, Ignatius following after her with the ladder in hand.

Grillby and Sans were completely blue by now.

"I'm sorry about that." Grillby apologized.

"it's okay. personally, i find it very amusing haha" Sans admitted.

Grillby looked up at the roof, then at the warm fireplace.

It was just like he had wanted it to be like.

It was now, or never.

Grillby got up, keeping eye contact with Sans, and took a deep breath.

"where are you going?" Sans asked.

Ignoring Sans' question, Grillby got on one knee.

'oh my asgore oh my asgore oh my asgore' Sans' soul began pumping.

"Look Mom!" Frisk pulled on Toriel's sleeve.

At the realization, Alphys and Undyne began fangirling together.

A crowd was already beginning to form around the two.

Grillby took Sans by the hand.

"METTATON LOOK!" Papyrus pointed down from the upstairs balcony.

Mettaton gasped in shock.

"Sans," Grillby began in a deep, romantic tone that made Sans' little heart melt.

"All night, I've been meaning to ask you this question. I love you, and I don't wanna waste any more time. It's okay if you are not ready, but I think we've both loved each other for a pretty long time. Sans, would you make me the happiest monster, and marry me?" Grillby nervously took the box out from his back pocket and opened it in front of Sans.

"What a beautiful ring!! The gloss is so perfect!" Mettaton noticed.

"How lovely!" Toriel cried out silently to herself.

Sans looked at the ring speechless and smiled brighter than the sun itself.

He got up, and hugged Grillby.

"a hundred times yes. i freaking love you till the end of the world."

Everyone clapped.

This definitely was an amazing Christmas.
______________

*Cries* my babies are FINALLY married.

Don't forget to leave comments!