Chapter 28: Ideas

So far the day had been flowing smoothly.

There was a lot to do, from reorganizing the bottles, to mopping some weird substances no one knew what they were stuck to the tiled floor.

What really ticked off Grillby though, is the fact that every conversation he was involved in had to be about last night.

He, -no, most monsters and humans were hungover and didn't remember a thing from last night.

Only a few like Red Bird remembered.

Apparently, he said last night Grillby had claimed he would make every Friday a karaoke night, he even had a video recording of him saying that.

Grillby got up, and excused himself before entering the kitchen, and into the break room.

The exhausted bartender threw himself at the small couch leaned up against the wall and groaned as he looked in a bag next to him for some painkillers for that stupidly annoying migraine.

Score, he had found them.

Grinning due to an overwhelming sense of relief, Grillby shoved two pills into his mouth and swallowed.

By a few minutes, his headache was gradually lowered.

Much better, he thought.

Grillby sat on the couch, thinking.

He knew he had to get back to work but... he needed at least a few more minutes to relax.

What if I actually make karaoke nights on Fridays? he asked himself.

After counting the money from yesterday earlier this morning, he couldn't lie to himself.

It was the most he had made on a single day, almost five times more than the usual per day.

Maybe he would think about it, but later.

Grillby sped out of the room and the kitchen and went back to his spot behind the counter as the bartender.

"glad you're back" Sans weakly chuckled, handing over at least ten orders from customers to the astonished bartender.

"Oh" is all Grillby managed to say as he held the stack of orders.

For the first time ever, he'd finally realized he couldn't keep doing this alone.

He needed more employees.

Sure Sans was a really good, hardworking employee, but one was not enough.

Back in he underground it was so much easier because of the small number of population down there but here....

I was a lot more....

A lot more.

There was a lot of humans, and since Ebott was now the monster's new capital, there was more monsters crowded up in here.

He needed the help urgently.

"Thanks" he thanked before turning towards the kitchen.

Before entering however, he looked over his shoulder at Sans.

"Would you please come? I... I want to talk to you about something" Grillby politely asked.

Sans was curious but kind of scared at what it would be.

"uh... sure" he nervously said, entering the kitchen right after the bartender.

Grillby began making the orders and sighed.