★ Chapter 9: I'm Thinking About You ★

A few days had passed since Grillby had slept at the skeletons' house.

Work was busy, just like any other regular day at work.

Grillby sighed, letting a deep, hefty breath be expelled.

He was thinking of him-of Sans.

He wondered if Sans felt the same.

He wondered so many things that always burdened his mind with the burning questions that all always led down to the one and only, Sans.

Grillby looked down at his faint, blurry reflection on the counter he'd just wiped clean and frowned slightly.

I'm just a best friend, he thought with a feeling of disappointment stabbed into his gut.

"hey grill, table two ordered three hamburgers and fries." Sans handed Grillby a check list with the order, raising an eyebrow at the notice of Grillby's distressed expression.

Grillby​ snapped back to reality and nodded, beginning to make his way to the kitchen.

Just as he left, Sans instantaneously reached across the counter and got a grip of Grillby's sleeve, causing the bartender to halt and look down.

"hey... are you okay?" Sans asked almost in a whisper, concerned.

"Ah... Yeah. I'm alright, it's that I'm just a little tired and stressed." He lied, slowly nodding with a brand new sensation taking over his previous one.

Guilt.

"okay..." Sans took in the lie, knowing it most likely wasn't true.

He simply didn't wanna intrude into Grillby's personal problems, after all, he probably was just a friend to Grillby.

Hesitantly, Sans let go Grillby and carefully slid off the counter, getting on his feet and wiping the slight humidity of the counter with a small tissue he stored in his apron.

With that, Grillby resumed to work and was out of sight.

Sans leaned on to the counter and took a small break as he waited for the bartender or any other customer's order to arrive.

His mind couldn't shake Grillby off his mind.

He felt worried for him.

Why had he lied?

Sans put his head down on the counter and closed his eyes, sinking his mind into the darkness he'd just created for himself.

It felt relaxing, almost to the point where he could have sworn he nearly fell asleep in at least once or twice.

His mind curiously was flooded with questions guided by the love he felt for a certain elemental.

What flowers did he like?

What was his favorite hobby?

Does he feel the way I do?

. . . Why would he ever love me in that way considering who I am?

Sans' smile disappeared and became into a desperate frown.

Oh how he wished he had the bravery of his brother to say something and confess.

Maybe things were better off this way.

Suddenly, the door bell rang from the bar's entrance.

Sans lazily sat up and got up, turning to face the new entering customer in order to receive them with a welcoming smile.

This was not a new customer, and certainly wasn't one to be welcomed in here either.

His left eye flashed a neon blue for a mere second.

"get out. why the fuck are you even here!" Sans grinded his teeth, his fists clenching at the sight of the tall person standing at the door facing right at him.

-•ღ•-

Edit of November 11, 2018:

This chapter has gone through a humongous transformation, oh my god. It's probably cuz it was poorly written and it literally had like less than 300 words. XD

Anyway, this chapter is done with edits. If you enjoyed reading, don't forget to leave comments and vote! Love y'all!